Velvet

Chapter 1....

So Hi,I guess.......my names Celina. I'm named after some Egyptian goddess whose probably the complete opposite of what I'll ever be. I'm the quiet, yet sometimes clumsy, most keep to myself type girl you'll ever meet. The one you look over at every time, extremely long dark brown hair, brown skin, big black nerd glasses, dresses in sweats most of the time too? The awkward black girl with wide hips that her self-absorbed cousin keeps warning her about whenever she eats McDonald's. Yeah that's me.... I guess you can say I'm not the best at meeting new people, I hate crowds or maybe I'm just an antisocial kinda person. Well I wasn't always like this, when my dad unexpectedly died a few years ago, I and my little bro Aj had to live with my Aunt Belle somewhere hidden deep in the South. I wasn't allowed any contact with anyone, barely had a phone, I was told to go straight home from school and back. I guess over those years I became quiet, independent, not caring to wear a frilly dress, put on makeup or even flirt with boys because it wasn't allowed. Life seems different without my dad,I haven't really thought of him in months until now.

"Oh dear,I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt."

I grinned pulling this stupid black dress down Miranda picked out. Least she let me keep my black high tops but that's besides the point. I feel so uncomfortable and utterly out of place I wish I never came honestly.

"Yeah, she'll be missed very much." I said walking off the viewing of my dead aunt. Everyone was leavin' for the reception and burial, my aunt on my dads side and a few cousins were finishing up taking down the decorations. There wasn't much, it's not like she left with a fortune Miranda said but again besides the point. She helped raise me when my mother failed to do so but this was before my dad dead. I huffed grabbing my purse on the front bench,of course droppin' it in the process.

"Crap."I mumbled despite being in a small old Baptist church gettin' it from under the bench. I swear my Sims houses are bigger than this place and definitely not dusty or made of entirely oak tree wood. I popped back up to no one but me in the room. I decided it's best I say my final goodbye before they stopped the viewing process and take her away.

"Bye Aunt Bel...."

I trailed off seeing something a little strange to be on a dead old person. Two small round bumps or holes in her neck, the funeral home definitely tried to cover them up. I shivered feeling a draft suddenly.

"You gotta enough of lookin' at Aunt Belle."

I jumped spinning around to see my older brother Marcus.

"Umm yeah."I said breathing now.

He and one of my cousins were about to put the casket in hearse.

"Gon' on there Mirandas waitin' in the limo." He pointed.

"Ok."I said walking down the aisle shortly after dropping my purse spilling everything in it (Trust me there's not much in it).

"You got the other Siiiddde!" He tripped over my foot,causing me to go face down,the casket coming almost onto Marcus,sliding down the steps of the church with my cousin after it. Remember this church is the size of a country convenient store.

We both got up running to see the damage.

"Damn it Celina!You-"

We stopped seeing the casket neatly inside the hearse.

"See I helped you slide that sucker in with you breakin' your precious football player back!" I sighed walking down the steps into the black limo that just had to be blasting some female popular rap star. Miranda was dancin' in the middle of the tacky leather seats with a hopefully cup of sprite in her hand and phone in the other.

"Could you turn that down I've got old people complaining."

"Oh hush! You need to seriously lighten up. I mean your movin' out the boring hot ass South to sunny California!" She smiled flipping her curly blonde Brazilian hair.

"I said I was moving to Washington It's close to "Canada"."

"California,Canada, it's all the same damn thing. Ain't Marc comin' with you and Aj tho?" She said texting some boy giggling in the process.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah but only to get me in my awesome senior year of high school and of course Aj in his last year of middle school. Besides all that I have to live with her." I growled in disgust at the choice she made to leave her children and not once check on us. It sucks I'm not eighteen, I wasn't allowed to start the GED process, I'm also the oldest of an annoying thirteen year old who can't take care of himself no matter how many times I have to still force him to take a shower *Yuck*. There is zero hope for me at this point, it just keeps getting worse I wonder when will it get better.

"Come on, it's not as bad as gettin' your fifth step dad."

I shrugged, which was true. Her mom, my aunt at the funeral is always with some new guy. The guy she's with wasn't here at the funeral shockingly but good because they all smell like cheap cologne and beer.

Well my mom never really was fit for havin' kids, she left right after Aj was born. I was 4 and it was four years before our fathers death. I remember that day every time someone reminds me of her. I'm just glad Marcus was there to take us to Aunt Belle. Come to think of it, it's the earliest memory I have of Marcus actually. He's always been there from that point on and has been the only person to actually give a crap about us. I'm not sure how I ended up with a mysterious older brother that took care of us but I'm grateful.

"Alright, were set."Marcus said as Aj and Mirandas brother got in and closed the door.

I sighed turning down Miranda's blasting music even more.

I hate funerals specially when its your family member...However, when it's my family's death that means change. Yes change can be great but change can also mean something bad can happen and seriously I'm running out of family members.

I know you~ Skylar Grey