Chapter 30

Valentines Day.....most single girls hate it,most couples love it because they get some,but me.

"I don't care and I don't want anything." I honestly smiled to Prince.

"Babe..."

"I'm really serious Aden. You're goin' away for a couple of days and I'm just....I'm seriously worried...."I frowned biting my lip, leaning on my locker watchin' Miranda get stopped by every guy who gave her a valentine. She wore all red today which really catches your eye on her. I'm worried about her strange dreams lately, she's talkin' crazier than normal. Like something told her to go to church on Sundays, or something told her to wear that ancient watch or necklace thing she got for Christmas everywhere she goes!

"She's fine, nothing out of the-"Aden began but she quickly made her way to us.

"Oh my God...that's him! The boy!"She freaked trying to whisper to me. 

"What are you-" 

"Him! You see him!"She pointed turning me around to Skylar. 

"Um,he's Skylar? He works at the-''

"I don't care where he works, he's just everywhere!Flying and sprinkling dust on us and everything."

"Um Dust?"Prince chuckled closing my locker. 

"It's some sparkly stuff! But anyways I had a dream, you weren't there just me and Lina where in the clouds, dressed in all white and-" 

"A bird came swiping you off into a sunset!"I joked laughing. 

"It's not funny, I'm really serious Ce!"

I walked off with Prince aside me. 

"You know she has a....point right?"

I stopped.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean......I wish I could tell you my love, but I'm sworn to secrecy and whatever Miranda does in the next few months just trust her, it's for a reason."

Fate does things for a reason, and maybe Prince was one but Miranda...

"Wait."He rolled his eyes over to- 

"Roc!"I smiled, hugging him on my toes. He's really grown a lot since last week??

"What are you doin' here?!"

He chuckled adjusting his backpack on his shoulder.

"Jen got my old man to finally let me go to school with you....Of course Clover declined for personal reasons and it's beneath her."

"Awesome."Prince mumbled as I ignored his comment smiling.

"So are you a junior or a senior?"I asked still excited he's here! 

"Senior."He grinned as the bell rung.

When your home schooled and switch to regular school they push you back a grade but I'm pretty sure Miss.Ella made an exception. 

"Come on let's get to class."Prince took my hand walking to Roberts. 

"I'll see you at lunch ok!"I grinned waving bye. 

"I can't believe he's here."I grinned towards Prince.

"You are not the only one..."

I looked up to him frowning while walking into class.

.....

I can't believe I got all this stuff from so many guys. I never got this much attention back home. I hardly talk to boys........ok so maybe that's a lie but it's a lot of Valentines!

I smiled waving to Laura talking to her new boyfriend. I wish I had someone.....like them,Roc and Clovers crazy relationship or Lina and Aden. I can really tell they have that thing when they look at each other. I notice that look that Skylar-guy stares sometimes at lunch. Everywhere I turn I see a flash of light sparkling, making me dazed at a few dreams I've had. I'm not trying to act crazy but it's too weird. Whats been with me lately??

I got a ride home from Laura who talked about her soon to be perfect night. I don't really care, not trying to be a party popper and all but I wonder if Lina ever felt like this when I did the same to her when we were in school together in the past. Maybe I deserve to be alone, that was very rude of me.

"I'm sorry."I blurted bursting into her room because I really meant it. 

"About?!"Lina freaked looking at me in her room. Her face was blushed and she was breathing heavy on top her bed.

"Is your boyfriend here?!"I snapped popped my hip out.  I saw the curly hair peeking from the side of her bed by her desk.

"Um.....Jen told me to tell you she's not going to be able to make y'all's Titanic date. Terrance was about to switch shifts or whatever."She shrugged getting up, fixing her huge sweatshirt.

Aww come on! That was the only thing that would have made my day. Its bad enough I can't find the perfect boyfriend! 

"It's cool I'll just..."

I turned away closing her door going to my room. I know she was makin' out with her bf....just I'm a little jelly! You can tell they're in love! Which I'm happy for her....but somethin' about him is strangely familiar. I cleared my mind getting on my knees. At times when I feel I need help I turn to Jesus, no joke I'm serious. A thought popped in my head like a bubble. Why don't I pray for a boyfriend at church, Duhh?!

.........

"Wait where you are going?!"I worried as she passed me in the hall. I was eavesdropping a little seeing her do something unMiranda, praying? Ok, I'm really starting to be concerned.

"I'm followin' her."I said to Prince on top my bed watching me get dressed very seductively. "Don't do that." I giggled hoping on top of him again.

"Come on I would never temp you....and right before we're about to go to church." He smiled through kisses.

"Your right." I smiled getting off him, he mumbled damnit getting up. He grabbed my jacket, going downstairs after me.

"I'll be right back Aj!"I yelled watching her take my car!

......

I know my fam's not Catholic but I just love this church, it's beautiful. Especially the angels on the stain glass windows, and glossy wooden wood arches. I walked in quietly seeing no one around. Good, cause I need it.

Lord,

I pray for......protection to my family. I sometimes hear my cousin havin' nightmares about death. It scares me to know what happens in the next few months. I pray that you send me someone.....anyone to protect me.

I heard a footstep behind me, I turned around to.......Skylar? 

"I um....I'm sorry I-I."He stammered seeming very nervous. I fixed my crinkled hair, smoothing my cherry gloss smiling up at him.

"No it's cool, it's a free church I mean."I grinned as he chuckled holding his hand out. I took it feeling a warm golden feeling inside me.

Its....strange and unfamiliar to me.

"I'm Skylar by the way..."He smiled showing dimples, it was like everything shut up, nothing but just me and him.....

Adore~Harry Styles

Comment

Vote

Follow