Chapter Nine

That Day....

They canceled school all week because of a snow storm and something about repairing school because of damage to hearing systems. Roc came over to help Jen with some project for something. I wasn't interested or listening but Roc snuck glances at me from the dining room watchin' cartoons with Aj. He and Randy are suppose to go play in the snow later. Ray is comin' over and I have a lot of questions to ask about them. That story the twins told me about was it true, did it happen or where they just trying to scare me?

I fixed my huge black sweater and tights getting up from the couch. I thought I heard my phone receive a text message so I immediately thought of my new boyfriend *Gushes*.

It was Miranda again, basically the only person I text on a regular bases. What now....

Mir:Hey,my momma been actn super strnge l8ly!!!!

Me:I'm sure she's fine Randa.

Mir:No its dffrnt she kicked out stepdad #5 lastnght & she's been jumpin @ every lil thng tht mkes sound!!!

She had a point all my aunts old husbands or boyfriends would just leave or break up with her, but that was a little strange to think about.

"So what are you doing today?"

I looked up from my phone in the doorway to Roc smiling.

"Nothin' really just waiting for-"

The door bell rang cutting me off. I grinned tucking my hair behind my ear walking to the door.

"Heeey Celina." Ray smiled as I laughed.

"Hey guys, Ajs in the living room."I grinned hugging Ray as Randy passed by. We walked inside cause I was freezing and it started snowing again. Ray stopped in his tracks to a stare down with Roc.

Ok, I think they like each other??

"So......you two know each other??"

Well duhh, everyone knows everyone in this town.

"Yeah, somethin' like that."Roc mumbled still staring irritated by his presents. Ray huffed a little, I tried pulling him along but I forgot he's a vampire. I was stuck in the middle, wondering why they don't like each other.

"Um-"

"I think I'll catch you later Ce."Roc grimaced as Ray stepped aside blocking me well in his case protecting me against the wall as Roc walked by still mean mugging.

"Ok bye..."I said over Rays shoulder. Even though he was skinny I still seemed so tiny against him.

Ray didn't release me till Roc closed the door.

"What was that all-"

"He's dangerous Celina."

I looked confused as walking up stairs.

"Um how, he seems human?"I joked, whispering hearing Jen down the hall humming. I closed my door while Ray hopped on top of my bedspread and I sat by the window waiting for him to tell me what's wrong with Roc.

"To be honest yeah he might be human, but he's dangerous and I don't think you should be around him, period."Ray ordered like he settled my confusion.

"But you still haven't told me why-"

I turned around jumping out of my seat to Prodigy sitting there in front of my window.

"God, y'all gotta stop doin' that."I frowned as they both laughed. I opened the window letting him come in. He smiled hugging me while sitting at the edge of the bed.