“Why is that?” he frowned lightly. The scars on his skin literally did little to erase his beauty.

“Because you smile a lot more when it's just the two of us.” I replied honestly, cupping the side of his neck with my hand.

“That is because you make me forget about the bad in this world.”

“How?”

“Just being you. You make everything look so much better. You make me feel so happy, I can't even think of the bad things.” He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, sending warmth through me.

Moments like this are so precious to me. I don't ever want to part away from this man in my life. He is everything I have loved with my whole being and I can't handle the pain of him disappearing from my side.

“I really wish I had saved you much sooner.” he chuckled, green eyes honest.

“Me too,”

Things could have gone so differently if Harry had found me earlier though. But only God knows how it could go.

“Babe, can I ask you something?” I looked at him with a small frown.

“Of course.”

“Do you think the other army groups are dead?”

“And I thought you were going to ask what I want to eat later.”

“Answer me!” I laughed, his smile growing wider.

“I really don't know. I can't say anything because I have no idea what it could possibly be in that zone. But I hope they are trapped instead of dead.” He sighed at the end.

“I think so too,” I agreed.

My phone started buzzing, making me groan. “Ignore it.” Harry murmured.

“Maybe it's important.” I argued.

He rolled his eyes before letting go of me and getting off the bed. He geabbed my phone and looked at the screen, “It’s Thomas.” he glanced at me.

“Well answer him.” I cocked a brow.

He brought my phone to his ear, “What’s up?” he asked seriously, too seriously actually and I know for a fact Thomas is going to be slightly frightened.

His brows pulled low in confusion before his eyes widened in shock. “What the hell?” he growled, making me sit up. “She did not.” he turned his back on me as he started packing in the room.

“What’s going on?” I asked, worried.

Harry looked outside the window, back stiff. “Where is she now? Good. I'll take care of it.” he then turned to look at me. “Yeah, I will.” he then hung up before tossing the phone on the bed next to me.

“What is it?”

“Erica called Leo from Thomas’ phone to meet at his office - asking for a favor. She asked for Leo to let her come with us on the raid.” he replied, making me gasp in surprise.

“Oh my God - no,” I face palmed myself. I can't believe she went there. Leo must have gone mad.

“Thank God Leo said no, but she has been crying on the phone on her way back to the house and Thomas went to find her.” he rambled on as he searched through his closet. “I have no idea what Leo will think of me now - as a leader I shouldn't have let anyone do that - that's such a bad image for me and my team!” he claimed angrily.

“Babe calm down, I don't think Leo would think any less of you or the rest of us.” I assured.

“Why wouldn't he?” he slid his black sweater on.