That's My Job, Nong

Start from the beginning

"Fine. Fine," Tutah tries to calm the group as Bright, and I glare at each other, "What did you find out?" Arthit and Knott are just looking at each other shaking their heads. I can't believe Bright would do this. If he has screwed this up, I will kill him.

"P'Dean is feared," Bright states. "Not just this year, but I think as long as he has been at university."

"Why do you say that?" Knott inquires.

"One of N'Jin's friends told me a guy in our year transferred out of Economics to get away from P'Dean. If his parents didn't let him change, he would drop out," Bright responds.

"That bad?" Arthit asks as Bright nods.

"It seems this guy made a point of collecting first years when he mentored them at the beginning of the year. The girls seem to think the first years he has are afraid of him, but they still follow him," Bright continues. "I don't know if he knew about N'Wad when he gathered his group or not."

This gets worse and worse. P'Dean is a sick, manipulative bastard. How am I going to protect Wad?

"Anything else?" Knott runs his hands through his hair.

"I think I know who attacked N'Wad that day," Bright says. "Or at least who lead the attack. How many were there this time?"

"Just one," Arthit answers.

"Then I do know," Bright grins. "Our evil fruit."

"Are you sure?" Tutah asks.

"P'Dean was holding court at the canteen," Bright begins, "His minions were watching me as I was talking with girls."

"Seriously, Ai'Bright!" Arthit stands up, leaning on the table.

"Calm down, Ai'Arthit," Bright snaps. "I needed them to watch me so I could ask questions about them without the girls getting suspicious. Will you let me finish before you kick my ass?"

"I will kick your ass," Arthit promises, "but continue."

"While the girls and I were talking, that fruit guy walked up. I noticed he signaled P'Dean when he looked at him. I am assuming it was about N'Wad," Bright leans back in his chair. "He is just as much bad news as P'Dean. It seems like he is a homophobe. He went after another freshman this year who I assume was open about his preference. The freshman dropped out."

OK. Now, this is getting weird. I know the guys don't know what P'Dean did to Wad, but why would P'Dean have this Kiwi guy helping him if that guy is a homophobe? I mean, I don't know if P'Dean is gay or not, but he did that to Wad. This makes it worse since four of us are dating or prefer to date guys. I look at Arthit and Knott and can see the worry on their faces. They realize this is bad. Not only do we have P'Dean ordering attacks, but P'Dean is sending a guy who hates gays.

"You said a guy in our year transferred," Tutah asks, "Did he transfer schools or just faculty?"

"Faculty," Bright answers. "I got his name from the registrars. I didn't want to ask much more of the girls, and N'Jin didn't know."

"Who is he?′ Knott looks at Bright, "Which faculty did he transfer to?"

"Communications," Bright replies, "I think you know him, Ai'Knott. His name is Ai'Tee."

Knott sits up. "That is who I asked for the pictures. It was him?" Bright nods.

"Shit! What about the kid this year? Do we know his name?" I ask. Bright shakes his head.

"I haven't had a chance to ask," Bright frowns, "This weekend, I have a date with N'Jin and told her she could bring friends if it would make her feel more comfortable since I am taking her to a club. I am hoping she brings the girl who was this guy's friend. I will ask N'Jin if I have to. She should also know since he was in her year, but I was hoping to get contact information, too."

I sigh. Bright had a right to get mad at me. He is not stupid, and I know it. He found out more than any of us had just by flirting with a girl. Running my hands through my hair, I look over at Tutah.

"Did your friend find anything out, Ai'Tutah?" I sigh.

Tutah looks at his phone and smiles, "He should be here soon. I will let him tell you what he knows."

"Ai'Tutah, what the fvck! You can't just have some strang...," I trail off as P'Dear walks in smiling.

"Sawasdee Khrap," All of us wai our former hazer.

"Sawasdee Khrap," P'Dear smiles at us. "Nice to know my nongs know how to take care of their own."

All of us look at Tutah, who laughs. "Did you really think I would ask someone outside our faculty to help? Remember, the U stands for unity, idiots. Who better to help us save N'Wad than one of our own?"

"Besides, that is my job. I am his senior, too," P'Dear pulls out a chair and sits. "Now who is dating who?" He punches Tutah, "N'Tutah won't tell me."

"I am dating N'Jin," Bright informs P'Dear.

P'Dear rolls his eyes, "And that will change next week, N'Bright. I mean these guys." he says as he points at Arthit, Knott, and me.

"I am dating N'Wad," I offer. I can't believe I am having this conversation with my hazer.

"N'Tew," Knott confesses. We all turn and look at Arthit, who is going red as we watch.

"Don't tell me that nong made you his wife after all," P'Dear laughs.

"Aw, P'," Arthit whines. "I am not the wife!" We all laugh at him as he turns even redder.

"Fine. Fine," P'Dear agrees laughingly. "So it is your boyfriend that is the target then, N'Prem." I nod. "This guy Ai'Dean is your boyfriend's half brother." I nod again. "He is also the biggest son of bitch in Economics, from what I can tell." We all look at P'Dear.

"What have you found out, P'?" I lean forward on the table. "Do you have anything we can take to the university?" P'Dear shakes his head.

"Not yet," P'Dear says, "I checked out the Evil Fruit's, as you guys are calling him, social media accounts. Other than meeting times, nothing is damning... but the guy is a homophobe from what I can tell from his history. He had posted some videos but has taken them down. I am still trying to recover them."

"Fvck!" I say as I pound the table, "How are we going to stop this if we can't find anything? It will be just our word against theirs."

"N'Prem," P'Dear stops me, "I just started. There will be evidence. I have a classmate tracking both of the guys' phones down. I believe that will be where the evidence is. People are stupid when it comes to phones. They keep everything on them thinking they are safe."

"Thanks, P'," I smile.

"Your guys' job is to keep the nongs safe," P'Dear explains. "And if you can find any other people for us to look into, N'Tutah will pass it on to me. But I really don't like this Evil Fruit. I have seven juniors who he will especially not like."

"Hey, am I included?" Bright huffs.

"OK, eight," P'Dear laughs, "And your right, I don't think they would leave you out since you, as they would see it, hang around them," P'Dear adds as he points to us. We all nod.

"What do our nongs know?" P'Dear asks.

"Nothing more than N'Wad is being attacked," Arthit explains. "We didn't want to put N'Wad in a difficult position with his friends by telling them about his past."

"Yeah," I add, "But I told N'Wad this past weekend about P'Dean being the one doing all this, and he wants his friends to know. He also wants my friends there when he tells them, so I need to arrange a time for us to do that."

P'Dear nods, "I would like to be there, too. If that is alright?"

I nod, "Thanks, P'." He stands up and ruffles my hair.

"That's my job, nong," P'Dear says. "I will talk to you later. Keep me informed, N'Tutah." Tutah nods as P'Dear leaves. We all turn and look at Tutah.

"What?" Tutah squawks, "Seriously, who did you think I would contact? I told you he was good and wouldn't tell anyone. Who better?"

"I agree," I cut in, "I just didn't know you kept in contact with P'Dear is all." The other guys look as confused as I do about this. Since when did Tutah talk to P'Dear? What else do we not know about him?

2059 4-18-19