Chapter 49

When the darkness came to conquer them, they don't know what else they could do, but to fight until the end

When the darkness came to conquer them, they don't know what else they could do, but to fight until the end. Freymount was just a small town, it only started with a small community, but as the years go by, different creatures wanted to invade their town.

Freymount somehow the beacon of hope, prosperity, and peace that these creatures who wanted to come into the town wanted to end it. 

"Stella, come on. Show up," Edmond muttered as he could only see the darkness around them.

Stella had done so much effort and energy to this fight. He was trying to find her listening to her, but Edmond couldn't find her where there were too many noises around. He could only hear their screams, groans, and grudges.

He wasn't able to figure out where Stella could be at.

"Ano ba 'tong dilim na 'to?" ani Alycia saka inikot ang ulo dahil kahit ang mga kasamahan nila ay isa isang binabalot ng makapal na itim na usok.

"Hindi ko rin alam," sagot ni Edmond. "Hindi ko pa naranasan 'to noon."

"Who could ever do this kind of fatal destruction?" Reubert questioned.

None of them knew what they are up against. They continued fighting against the other creatures who entered the town. They were all fast that they were waiting for the barrier to fall down so they can attack and take over the city.

The alpha of the pack of wolves run towards Edmond and shifted back to his human form.

"I'm losing my wolves, Edmond," the alpha declared. Hindi naman alam ni Edmon ang isasagot. Inaasahan niyang mangyayari ito pero hindi sa ganitong paraan. Walang ideya kung anong sunod na gagawin ni Edmond. Alam niyang malaki ang itinayang sakripisyo ng mga lobo sa gawaing ito. "Ano nang balak mo? I can't risk them anymore. I can't lose my family."

Edmond holds his shoulder. "Do what you think what's best for you and your pack. But we still need some help, it's up to you now."

The alpha took a deep breath. "We'll continue fighting then."

Napatango na lamang si Edmond. The alpha shifted back to his wolf form and find his way back to his pack. 

Napabilib naman sila Alycia at Reubert sa ginawa ng Alpha. Edwardine yelled for help when he was struck by the lightning out of the black smoke.  Edwardine received lightning branches on his skin and somehow made him feel weak. Edwardine groaned out of pain then the others came to help him out.

They put Edwardine in a secured area and let him rest there for the meantime. Alycia and Reubert kept fighting against these monsters who kept coming on their way. Ramdam naman ni Edmond ang labis na gustong pagtulong ni Alycia para sa Freymount. Dahil sa huli, sa bayan ng Freymount pa rin siya nagkamuwang sa mundo.

Kahit na ang pagkawala niya noon ay dahilan ng pagkalugmok ng Freymount ay igaganti na lamang niya sa kung anong paraan na makakaya niya para iligtas ang bayang ito sa delubyo.