Chapter 9

"One thing, Cornelius. What do you know what other people don't have a fucking any idea of?" Ully asked as they were leaving the Freymount Academy. Binalot naman sila ng malamig na ihip ng hangin pagkalabas ng building. Madilim sa paligid at ang ilaw lamang ng mga poste ang nagsisilbing liwanag sa paligid. Ully was still curious, wanted to fill all the his mind with answers, but he wouldn't find it anywhere. Ully was still shocked that vampires are real and that they looked really young for a hundred years old.

Elius smirked, wanting to fill his curiosity though it's too early and he might be confused and dazzled if all the Freymount's secrets were all told at once.

"You know what, it is hard to tell how this creatures still lived with us up to this day cause they had the reason, that before boring humans, vampires, werewolves, witches and other supernatural creatures existed and own the earth but now... they are all gone and in minimal count they are existed."

Ully took a deep breath. "Do you drink?" he asked Elius, out of nowhere. "I think I need a drink after all of this."

He nodded and laughed a little. "I do and I know a bar where they serve good beer."

"I'd loved that," Ully grinned.

Elius and Ully walked their way to the bar he was talking about. Ully was still thinking where would the vampire brought Stella away but giving assurance from Elius, made him not to worry about it in the meantime. The bar is a few blocks away from the centennial park, some people are getting in and out of it. Maybe just to have fun and get off some loads of their stresses. Ully couldn't hold his excitement upon entering the bar. He sees various faces, men and women who shared drinks with each other. He even steals glances at those lovers who are kissing publicly and wasn't bothered by people around. 

"If you can't take all of this, maybe a drink will suffice it," Elius said, tapping his shoulder. "What do you want? Just a beer?" he said when they reached the bar counter.

He shrugged off. "Yeah, maybe a beer will do."

Elius noded. "I'll get a beer for you then," he said and turned to the barista and requested for their drink. He goes for a light one, Heineken. He doesn't need too much weight on his head now. Just to wash it away in the meantime.

"Cornelius," Ully called him, he then looked at him. "I'll just go to the restroom for now. I'll be back quick."

"Sure! Just don't get lost like Stella did the other night. It's on the right end corner. And your beer will be waiting here for you."

Ully left Elius at the bar counter and find his way in the direction he was told, leading to the restroom. Hindi pa rin makapaniwala si Ully sa mga nalalaman nila. He was expecting something to tell from the town but digging down to its core was almost too much for him to contain. This town is far from being at its peace because behind every celebration they do were dark secrets lying six feet from the ground.