Chapter 30

Edmondo was still uncomfortable knowing that there's a witch residing in the town. Iyon ang kinatatakutan niya, ayaw niyang gumawa ng gulo sa isang witch dahil kumpara sa kung anong nagagawa niya ngayon wala iyong panlaban kung makakatunggali niya ang witch na iyon. 

That witch lives her whole life learning how to cast spells and live with her coven and he wouldn't step into that line again. But what made him more curious that the witch offered to help him rather than telling everybody that the animal who did the horrendous things in their town was him. 

He's still holding himself back away from the truth. Ayaw niyang malaman ni Aletheia na siya ang pumatay sa pinsan nito. He could still smell his blood. It was good that his thirst and craving was satisfied by feeding on him. Oh, how he hide all those lies just to feel welcome into the roof where a family conveyed to end the cruelty.

But Edmondo just needed a new home, he needs it as he couldn't go back to his own home where it no longer feels like home. He left even it hurts him so much. He needed to leave just to save himself. 

He wasn't selfish. He wanted to go back, but he need to move on. He couldn't go back to that moment of his life that's why he's trying to make a new one but unfortunately, he couldn't take away his hunger, his thirst, his affections to human blood.

It was his escape but also, it was a big mistake.

Edmondo couldn't get a better sleep until the morning came, he walked into the porch of the manor and get a sight of the surroundings and how this place would turn out his another failure when he tried so hard to make it his new home.

He startled when someone put a hand on his shoulder. Nang agad naman niyang tingnan kung sino iyon, nakuha niyang makahinga ng maluwag at natawa na lamang dahil sa kanyang reaksyon. Gayundin si Chieftain Sanguine.

"Nakatulog ka ba ng maayos?" tanong ni Chieftain Sanguine sa binata.

He answered him honestly by shaking his head. The chieftain was confused by his response that's why he immediately explained why the sudden discomfort he had. 

"Marami lamang siguro akong inisiip at 'wag niyo na akong intindihan, hindi naman ito makakaapekto sa kung anong kaya kong gawin dito sa manor."

Napailing at natawa na lamang si Chieftain Sanguine. "Hindi mo naman kailangan pilitin ang sarili mong gumawa ng kahit anong bagay dito sa manor. Ang presensya mo lamang sa pakikipagkapwa sa iba't ibang tao ang mahalaga."

Napatango na lamang ang binata. "Iyon po ang gagawin ko. Maasahan niyo po ako."

"Mabuti, maiwan muna kita ngayon at kukumustahin ko lamang ang mga mamamayanan... at ipaaalam sa kanila na maging komportable na sa kanilang paninirahan sa Freymount," pahabol ni Chieftain Sanguine.