Chapter 39

They couldn't believe what they were seeing

They couldn't believe what they were seeing. Halos hindi makapaniwala si Edmond. Stella doesn't know what she'll react, and she couldn't believe that she would be seeing the vampires she hasn't met before.

Ully, in his wolf form, stood in between those vampires by threatening him with his sharp teeth. Elius was also surprised to see him. He'd only heard it from Edmond that he was already dead centuries ago and now that he's standing on his own feet was an unbelievable sight to see.

"How are you alive?" Edmond questioned. Slightly frightened by the fact he was seeing him now. He looked so dangerous. He never thought he'll be back as a vampire. "Edwardine? How does this happen?"

Edwardine shifted his head in their direction. Edwardine smirked. Edmond clenched his jaw knowing that after all these years, he thought he died. He could still remember how that night end and he was sure he won't be alive after that miserable situation. Sinisisi pa niya ang sarili niya dahil hindi naman niya sinasadya iyon, but seeing him now made him wanted to kill him—again.

"Edmondo, right?"

"You knew," Edmond uttered.

"I don't—What's happening here?" Stella asked.

"Because Edmond killed him in 1843," Elius responded.

Nanlaki naman ang mata ni Stella. "Oh, shit! Really?!"

"It's true. We're all surprised now... and one more thing, that girl reporter is now a vampire."

"Chloei..." Stella muttered. "That makes sense now."

Lumapit naman si Chloei kay Edwardine. Hindi naman makapaniwala si Stella dahil sa bilis ng mga pangyayari. Hindi nila inaasahan na magiging vampire si Chloei nang gano'n kabilis. Bakas naman sa mukha ni Edwardine ang pananabik sa dugo ng tao.

Nang tinatahulan ni Ully ang dalawang bampira ay si Chloei lamang ang umaatras habang si Edwardine ay nanatiling matinag sa kanyang kinatatayuan. 

"Stop this mess! This isn't what every needed to do right now!" Elius shouted.

But no one listened to him, mas lalo lamang nanggalaiti sa galit sina Chloei at Edwardine. Saglit lamang ay dumalo na sa eksena sina Alycia at Reubert. They've been searching for Chloei as they mistakenly let her out of the cage and went rogue in the streets of Freymount. Then they found her next to a vampire in front of a white wolf.

"Chloei, stop!" Alycia shouted. "You shouldn't be running away from us!" Then she just realized who she stood there with. She gasped learning who it was. "E-Edwardine... you're alive?"

"That's what I thought, too," Edmond responded.

"Gulat ka ba, Altheia?" ngisi pa ni Edwardine.

Hindi siya nakasagot kung hindi ay tinindigan niya ang kanyang pagkakatayo. "Aletheia died centuries ago. It's Alycia now."