Chapter 22

They were in the small space living room of the abandoned house five blocks away from the Town Chapel

They were in the small space living room of the abandoned house five blocks away from the Town Chapel. Black curtains were covering up the sunlight coming out from the window and every corner of the room may seem dark but to the both of them, it's a natural habitat as they were adapt to the environment that they have been hundred years ago. Reubert grabbed the bottle of wine and poured it into his glass, but he thought it wasn't enough, he ended up drinking the whole bottle.

Alycia phased forwards to Reubert and snatched it from his hand. He whined as he watched her drink it. He snorted and put his feet onto the table. Alycia kicked his feet away from the table and he resented on how she kept annoying him. His eyes darkened and his sharp teeth became visible. Alycia just laughed as he was mad for what she did.

"What's with you, Alycia?" Reubert asked his arrogant girlfriend. He smittenly grabbed the bottle of wine from her hands. "This is mine. Get your own drink."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, I just couldn't stop thinking if that girl—Stella would do what we asked her to do. I want to know what are they were planning now and I'm not gonna waste this chance to wreck his life—his only life."

"Aren't you too much obsess about killing him? Can't you just give him up? I think he's not on your way anymore and both of you already had different directions in life. And last, you have me, Alycia, and we could travel the whole world together."

"We've done that many times, Reubert," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, you're forgetting something! We haven't been to Antarctica! I have heard that continent was experiencing an ice meltdown. Maybe vampires wouldn't die there."

"Not a chance," she stated. "And what are you saying about giving up? Why would I give up to the monster who turned me into one?"

Reubert stood up, creasing his forehead, and put his hand on Alycia's shoulder. 

"Can't you accept what you have now? Are you still blaming him for what happened a hundred years that until now, you're alive and traveling from one place to another with our abilities? We shall leave this place now and never come back. We can be happy like that."

She shoved his hands away, turning away from him, and walked towards behind the black curtains. Her mind was set back to her teenage years she had a hundred years ago. She couldn't forget how she was popular and loved by men. She was praised like a goddess and every man fell in love with her charm that everyone has an intention to take her out but ended up getting no one.

He then came to mess her quiet perfect world.

"No, I won't stop!" she exclaimed. "I couldn't just give up the fact that he took away the life I had before and gave me something I didn't ask for. Maybe, someone would already think that I should be grateful to him because I've got to live longer and could live far more than now. But what they don't know is that... I get to live alone for a few years and take all the blame the town had thrown at me and never get to be with my family when they died. I'm ashamed of who I became now. It's a curse that can't be reversed and had to live with misery. It wasn't easy to live as a vampire. Being alone from my transition—" her voice cracked as she tried to cry.