Chapter 42

When Alycia and Reubert went back to the abandoned house

When Alycia and Reubert went back to the abandoned house. Alycia couldn't believe that the person she thought was dead for over a hundred years ago was alive all this time. Lahat nang makitang gamit ni Alycia ay kanyang pinaghahagis. She couldn't forget the fact that the Clements was the reason why his parents died of old age and depression because they were sought to protect their town until they die but it didn't even happen. 

All this time, when she came back to this town every year, she doesn't have any that Edwardine was just under the ground, hid by the Clements to cover up their own failures.

Reubert stopped and comforted Alycia on what she's going through. He knew Edwardine, and of course the Clements dynasty because Alycia never failed to tell it to him. He understood what she was going through and all they could ever think was getting revenge to the Clements. Alycia lost everything and she couldn't foster herself all along. She need to find something to get her anger out and this time, she put it all out to those person who made her life miserable.

Reubert hugged her tightly and rested her head on his shoulder, he caressed his hands over her head and wave it with her hair. "You'll be fine, Alycia. Maybe this wasn't coming along with your plan, but remember there's still hope, okay?"

Alycia slowly pulled herself away from him and stared at his eyes and cupped his cheeks.

"You are the greatest that ever happened to me, Reubert. You might not know that."

Napangisi naman ang binata. "I'm happy also that you are the best thing that happened to me, Alycia. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here with you. You put me out of my misery and it could be the death of me after all, and then you came, thought seeing you would be the last beautiful thing I would able to see, but you didn't make that happen when you made me immortal and be with you every single day. So, if you're thinking something that stops you, don't ever think about that again. We'll get through this together, okay?"

Alycia nodded to her boyfriend. "Of course, we will..."

"Can I hear you laugh and see you smile now?" he grinned, tickling her on her sides that made her laughed so hard.

Mabilis namang tumakbo si Alycia sa paligid at pilit na hinahabol ni Reubert. They both stumbled upon each other and fell to the ground.

She immediately grabbed his head and kissed him like there's no tomorrow. They headed to the bedroom then Reubert positioned on top of Alycia. When they felt like the urges were coming out of their body, they started removing their clothes off.

It was a moment of steamy sensation for both of them until Reubert landed beside Alycia, chasing his breath. They covered themselves with the comforter.

"Babe..." Alycia muttered. "What if we're already on the losing side?"

Napakunot-noo naman ang binata. "What made you say that?"