Chapter 32

The three of them immediately went into Esmeralda's house. Elius and Edmond have their way of searching for things that could help them find the book, but Stella just stood there, watching them and checking the surroundings. It wasn't like the place she would go to every day and she felt like it was century old when in fact, it was. 

The types of furniture are old and brittle. The desk was almost frail and she felt like there's a lot of spiders crawling into walls and the smell was like prone into dead animals. She felt sudden grumbling in her stomach and almost puke out because she couldn't hold the bad smell anymore.

"Take it easy, Stella, these are all old kinds of stuff. They smell bad because of some ingredients that would help to maintain its fixture..." Edmond explained. He made sure that being here wasn't a bad idea because after all if they will find such good things into this place, their hope for searching wasn't put into despair. "You can check the books on the shelves and if there's a chance you could find a thing that would help you, pick it up."

Stella nodded and she walked into the shelves and was towered by the eight-foot-tall bookshelf filled with old dusty books. Even if Stella doesn't want to hunt through all those books, but then, she has no option but to do it. 

When Edmond found Stella starting to do her part, he went back to the corner where a lot of small bottles were locked into the glass drawer. Elius was trying to find his luck over the desk where there wasn't much stuff on it. He couldn't find a thing that would help them to locate the book. Elius then shifted his attention when he heard Edmond's groans. He walked towards him and checked what he was doing and finding out that he was trying to break the glass window of the drawer, but he couldn't because it was enchanted by a spell.

When they looked at each other, an idea popped into their head—like a telepathic communication had brought them to do this in action. Lumapit si Elius kay Stella at kinausap ito kung maaari niyang gamitin ang abilidad niya. Nang suriin nito ang drawer ay napakunot na lamang ito ng noo at hindi alam kung anong gagawin.

"So, what should I do then?" Stella asked.

"Esmeralda kept her items and store them in a place which she used an enchantment that only an Escott could break. You can break the spell if you believe that you can."

"Pa'no ko naman gagawin 'yon?" she questioned.

"Nagawa mo na 'yon, Stella," ani Elius. Nanliit naman ang mata ni Stella upang alalahanin ang sinasabi niti. "Natatandana mo ba 'yong nasa invisible cage ka? Esmeralda made that cage so long ago na naisipan namin ni Ed na gamitin sa 'yo."

"But that cage was meant for me," Edmond said. Lumipad ang tingin ng dalawa. "Ginawa 'yon ni Esmie in case na hindi ko ma-control ang mga aksyon ko noon. Hindi niya hahayaang makapinsala ako sa bayan niya. Hindi lamang ginamit iyon ni Esmie dahil naniniwala siyang hindi ako nararapat doon. Hindi niya ginamit iyon at nanatili lamang nakatago hangga't sa makuha ko ito... hindi ko naman naisip na magagamit ko pala ito ngayong taon."