Chapter 38

When Stella received a message from Elius saying the location of their meeting place

When Stella received a message from Elius saying the location of their meeting place. They immediately prepared and left their motel room. As they headed out, they noticed how quiet the next room was. From what they've seen earlier, they were sad by the fact that they wouldn't be coming back to their normal lives especially Keonne.

It could've been better if these two newcomers didn't push themselves to their limits and ended up risking their lives. Stella wondered what's going on in Chloei now after Edmond told them she has been in captive by Alycia and Reubert.

They went into their car and drove to the meeting place. It didn't take them long when they saw Elius and Edmond. Both of them hopped and joined them inside the car. Madilim na naman kaya ang karamihan ay nasa kani-kanila ng mga tahanan. 

"So, what now?" Stella asked.

"Here's what I'm planning," Edmond started. "You, Stella, and I will be getting inside the premises. Just like what I told you, you will use the spell for invisibility that will cloak us not to be seen by everyone. I think that would work."

"What about me?" Ully asked, scratching his head.

"You'll be the distraction if anything happened," Edmond said. Napakunot-noo naman si Ully dahil hindi niya naintindihan ang sinabi ni Edmond kaya muli niya itong pinaliwanag. "If you're not aware of what you did the last time, just howl."

"Is that all?" he creased his forehead.

Elius patted his shoulder and howled like a wolf, imitating him. Natawa na lang din naman sila at agad na rin naman silang kumilos at sinuri ang buong kapaligiran. Elius would be the back-up if any good or bad things occurred during the plan. He'll be staying inside the car while Stella and Edmond would be heading inside and Ully waiting out in front hiding from the bushes.

When Stella and Edmond safely got inside the premises, ginamit naman ni Edmond ang kanyang matalas na pandinig upang alamin kung may mga taong malapit ba sa kanila. Ilang minutong sinigurado ni Edmond ngunit tahimik ang buong paligid at ranging mga radyo lamang ng mga security ang naririnig niya.

"This is gonna be a rough night," Edmond muttered between his breaths.

Napakunot-noo naman si Stella. "Why would you say that?"

"I can't hear him anywhere."

"Maybe he wasn't here?" Stella wondered.

"It can't be," Edmond muttered. "He won't leave the hall. As much as I can remember, he would only leave the premises if he had a meeting outside of Freymount, family dinner or whatever accords to politics. He never left the hall. Tt just became his home."

"Wala ba siyang bahay?"

"He had," Edmond said. "But from the time he was elected as the Freymount's Chieftain, the hall became his home and you know the funny thing here is, the Clements ruled the Freymount right after Chieftain Sanguine's leadership on the 19th century."