Chapter 3

It's been over an hour since Stella had the word from Chieftain Clements that they would talk after the event. Hindi pa man lumalalim ang gabi ay nakakaramdaman na siya ng pagkabagot. It only her intention kaya her mind sets to the goal. She knows how to enjoy the event, mingle with everybody pero hindi naman iyon ang ipinunta niya sa lugar na ito. She's after the mystery behind the town's tell-tales and she thought she could get the answer to their very own chieftain. He has the power over what news and information to deliver or not. In short, siya ang pinakamakapangyarihan sa lugar na ito.

Just by looking around, she could already distinguish that every people living in this town felt secured and safe as also the purpose of the event is to make everyone informed on how they are keeping the prosperity after experiencing the downfall of the town centuries ago.

"Stels, bakit nandito ka sa sulok? Talk to some people," tanong Ully, at binaba ang hawak niyang plato mula sa buffet area saka inilapag sa tabi ang kanyang camera case. Stella roll ed her eyes to him, nahulaan naman kaagad ni Ully kung bakit gano'n na lamang ang itinugon sa kanya. "You are bored because you're not doing anything, Stels. Subukan mong makipag-usap, and in that way, you can get some piece of their story and add their stories, right?" Ully grinned, ma lalong kinairita iyon ni Stella.

Umayos naman si Stella ng pagkakaupo mula sa pagkakasandal. She likes to have fun and go partying but this isn't the place for her to do that. Her intention is far from having fun kaya habang nakikita niya ang masasayang mukha ng mga taong ito ay hindi siya mapakali.

"I think should get a drink," Stella said at saka siya tumayo sa upuan.

"And when you did, talk to people!" Ully suggested but Stella grunted and rolledher eyes at him.

"Ulric!" two girls around 20's called the attention of Stella's friend. Nang makita niyang nagtutulakan pa ang dalawa na makalapit ay napaikot na lamang ang mga mata niya. Napansin naman niya ang reaksyon ni Ully na tuwang-tuwa sa paghahabol sa kanya ng mga kababaihan.

Babaero. She thought to herself.

Tinungo naman ni Stella ang bar area and get herself a drink. She wanted some drink na bubuhyain ang sistema niya para maalis ang pagkabagot niya. She was given a lady's drink, it wasn't that strong but good enough to make herself stay awake. Hindi rin naman niya gugustuhin na humarap sa chieftain kung tipsy na siya. It is a wrong impression to start.

"You're new? I feel like I haven't seen you around." Mabilis namang napatingin si Stella sa nagsalitang lalaki sa tabi niya. At first, she was surprised to see someone who most likely to be seen in television screens. His skin is fair but not close to being pale. His eyes were deep, and she couldn't read it. Binali na lamang niya ang atensyon sa kausap imbis na sa mukha nito. She shook her head as a response to him. "Oh, so you're just a visitor or a guest?"