Chapter 31

When Edmond left the motel, he was wishing he would find Ully as soon as possible because that would be a risk if Ully wouldn't be stopped—just like Stella. He could've done something from preventing it to happen.

He couldn't stop letting out a deep sighed. Remembering how Stella managed to do all those things would take a lot of simple explanations. She needs to learn who she was. She wasn't aware of her own coven—a long line of Freymount Witches and Warlocks called Escott's Coven. Their mission was to defend and protect the town at all cost and tonight, Stella has dwelled in her own world. 

Back at the motel, Elius heard that Stella was mumbling indistinct words that he thought could be some enchantments. He stepped away, preparing himself for a sudden attack, but then Stella instantly rose up from her bed with her eyes widened, chasing her breathing, and confusion settling on her face.

Nanatili naman ito kalmada habang hinayaan muna ni Elius na pagmatiyagan ito.

"Elius," she called, mumbling his name.

A moment later, Edmond came back to the motel. Lumipad ang atensyon ni Elius sa kanya at napakunot na lamang ang noo nitong mapansing hindi kasama si Ully.

"Nasaan si Ully?"

Napabuntong-hininga si Edmond. "I couldn't find him elsewhere. He must've gone into the woods by now."

"Then we'll find him tomorrow. Maybe he'll be around," Elius suggested.

"U-Ully..." she mumbled. "Where's Ully? Why would he be in the woods?"

Edmond walked closer to Stella and accompanied her by telling her not to worry about her friend and that she should continue resting so she could get her energy back. But Stella didn't follow what Edmond had said. Elius ran towards the kitchen and filled the glass with tap water. He then went back to them and gave Stella the glass. Tinungga niya ang baso ng walang mintis. Napaisip na lamang na nauhaw at nabuos ang enerhiya ni Stella sa mga pangyayari.

"Nasaan ba si Ully? Bakit ba siya nawawala?" she asked once again, like what happened to her doesn't really matter but his friend.

"He'll come back soon. He could be anywhere right now. But tonight, you will get some rest and we'll talk you through everything," Edmond said, but Stella's mind was off somewhere else. Saglit lang din naman ay biglang nag-iikot-ikot ang mata ni Stella at tumama ang tingin nito sa pinto at nang ibaling ang tingin sa dalawa ay napuno ito ng pangamba.

"Anong ginawa niyo?" she scolded. Inakala ng dalawa na sila ang may dahilan kung bakit nasira ang pintuan ng kanilang motel. "I know I betrayed you Ed at ganito ba ang paraan ng paghihiganti mo? Alam ko kung anong mali ko at hindi niyo kailangang gawin 'to."

Napailing na lamang si Edmond. She was accusing it to the wrong person.

"We didn't do this, Stella," Edmond said. "Nagkakamali ka ng iniisip mo. Should we be the one na dapat magalit sa ginawa mo?" Stella was out of words. "If you don't want to get some rest, so yeah, we'll tell you about what happened earlier."