Fight For You

This story is dedicated to: lourobz

Requests are always open

--

I flip to the next page of my book and take a sip of my coffee. The cafe is pretty quiet which is perfect because it's hard for me to really read a book when there's lots of noise.

Because it's so quiet, the sound of the bell on the door ringing catches my attention. I look up to see who comes through the door and all of the blood drains from my body.

Parker.

It's as if he knew I was here and exactly where I was sitting because as soon as he walks in he makes direct eye contact with me.

He looks at me the entire way to the counter. Then he turns to speak to the barista.

I quickly shove my book inside my bag and get up to go to the bathroom leaving my coffee on the table.

The bathrooms are singles so when I get in, I lock the door.

No one every really comes back here to the bathrooms, because they aren't that clean, but I'm not here to use it.
I just need to gather myself up.

I place my hands on the wall and steady my breath.

When I close my eyes I start to remember all of those days and nights that I didn't leave him. All of yelling and abuse.

Yes, he physically abused me. Bad. But it wasn't just that. He mentally and emotionally abused me too.

Made me feel like I was doing something wrong. Like somehow I deserved it...and I believed him for so long. I justified his actions with my own twisted excuses.

He was so incredibly manipulative. I felt like I was the crazy one. This was a little over a year and a half ago.

When I finally left, he just disappeared. I thought I'd never see him again. I hoped I would never see him again.

Now here he is.

So what do I do? Talk to him? No. Definitely not.

I'm just going to make my way out of here very very quickly.

I nod my head and take a deep breath. 

I adjust my bag over my shoulder and unlock the door to the bathroom.

As soon as I step out of the bathroom I'm pushed against the wall.

"Miss me?" I stare into his wretched face and struggle to get away, but he's got my hands pinned to the wall.

"Go to hell." I say and spit in his face.

That's when he let's go of my hand and wipes his face with his sleeve.

I tried to swing in this moment, but he was quicker than me and caught my fist and threw it down. This is when he grabs my neck and I somehow lose all ability to fight back.

"Fiesty. Looks like you've changed a little. Not much though. You're still the same old y/n that used to come crawling back to me." He says with a devilish smile.

"Yeah right" I say and he laughs.

"Oh really? Then why aren't you trying to hit me? One of your hands are free." When he says this I start to think about it.
"Or scream? There's plenty of people here to help you."

Is it possible that he's still got some kind of hold on me?

My eyes start to water up.

"I will scream." I say even though I'm not too sure of it. Why? I don't know.