Chapter 23: Shield?

~Caleb

Aw shit.... Shitty dicky balls... SON OF MOTHER FLUBIN CO--

~Cut

So.

...

Rising of the shield hero.

...

Yeah.

...

Okay, to explain, I got sucked in here while trying to visit another dimension. So I'm now with these three idiot's and Naofumi. We're currently in front of the King, who almost forgot about me and Naofumi.

King: You, young man?

Naofumi: You're ignoring me?

Caleb: I'm Caleb. Caleb Daniel. First name Caleb, unlike them. I don't know how I got here, but I'm 14. Well... 16... Well... It's complicated. But I'm 14 despite appearances.

King: I see... Now... I suppose I owe you an explanation. My county, Melromarc, and the entire world is headed towards destruction.

Long story short: Waves. You've probably seen the anime. He talks about the four legendary hero's role and status magic, and other important shit. To be honest. I didn't really pay attention much. Well once, his speech was done, we were lead to our rooms and--

~Timeskip.

Thank you. Next day. Morning. Met up with the other Hero's and walked towards the throne room with them. Simple. Now for some dialog. ... Okay, maybe I should stop breaking the fourth wall and act normal.

King: We have gathered brave warriors who will fight the waves with you legendary heroes.

We all walk further in the room. I see Naofumi looking at the Pyrrha lookalike-- WHO IS NOT LIKE PYRRHA, AND IS A LITTLE BIT--

King: Now, our future champions! Time to begin your journey!

The warriors stepped forward and behind the hero they chose. I of course didn't have any, as I stood more off to the side. There was still this little commotion thing, because of rumors a little BITCH started. But of course the BITCH in disguise "joined" his party.

King: Are there any others who wouldn't mind joining master Naofumi?

I slowly raise my hand.

Caleb: Um... Your highness, if I may...

King: Speak my boy.

Caleb: Well... Ahem... I... Ugh, okay, this will sound a little weird. However, I Caleb Daniel, am a leader of kingdom myself. 

I hear the people viewing from above mumbling. The King put his hand up to silence the crowed, and motioned for me to speak.

Caleb: Crazy as it may seem, I indeed led a kingdom. I was chosen for my intellect, knowledge and vast skill set. Though, as young as I may be, I am capable of using every weapon imaginable. Sword, bow, spear, shield, Scythe. I was also have a habit of tinkering, and was blessed with wonderful magical capability's. I wish to also fend off the waves of catastrophe with the four hero's. Luckily, since I don't have a legendary weapon, I'd like to start off helping Naofumi with my skills.

King: Well...

~Timeskip

If your wondering why there's so many time skips. I'm saving you the trouble of the boring, and moving straight into the exciting. By the way. Naofumi and I decided to share a room to lower the cost of staying there. By the way, did you know that this is around the time Naofumi goes back to his room?