"I would help," Sora started, returning her gaze ahead. "But forget it. I'm tired from travelling all the way from Zou, ya know? Cut your girl some slack, Law."

Law's forehead creased as he mumbled, "What did you even come here for?"

"What was that?"

Smoker was looking to and fro between these two. He was amazed at how Law had managed to keep his patience with this girl, who was beginning to get on his nerves with every passing second. But more importantly, he was slightly amazed at how Law's personality had took a sudden change. He always thought he was the composed type of guy, but seeing how the surgeon has been swept by this girl's pace told him they had a special kind of relationship.

Smoker turned to Law. "Is she always this----"

"Annoying," Law nodded, not returning his gaze.

They heard Sora laugh, thus bringing their attention back to her, who was walking in front of them. "Talking behind my back, now? Not a very dignified act."

Smoker heard Law click his tongue, but he didn't say anything in response.

::

After a few more minutes of useless occasional banter between Law and Sora and a silent, observing Smoker, the trio finally managed to reach R block of the building, where the remaining Strawhats, marines, and oversized children were gathered.

At the sight, Sora whistled a low tune, interwinding her fingers behind her head. "Wow."

"Oh! Torao! Smokey!"

"Smo-yan! Thank God you're okay!"

Sora moved her gaze and saw several marine soldiers waving at their direction. Probably Smoker's squad.

Law let go of his hold on the rope that was pulling the huge cart and walked passed Sora, towards the direction of a boy wearing a strawhat while grinning at them. Sora followed Law.

"Where's Caesar?" Law asked, and Sora could see how his forehead had wrinkled due to the frown.

So this is what Law looks like when in front of others. An intimidating, frowning, and constipated-looking adult who looked like he was on the verge of brutally killing someone who would dare to piss him off with a loaf of bread.

Of course, Law also frowned a lot while he was with Sora, but he had his soft moments.

"Ah," Luffy pointed towards a tunnel with a lot of fallen rocks littered across the ground. "Somewhere in that direction. I blasted him away."

Sora saw how the look on Law's face shifted, and she could practically see him starting to regret his life decisions.

"That wasn't what we agreed on!"

"Yeah, but he was pissing me off... so I didn't feel like capturing him anymore!" Luffy declared, both hands on his hips. His expression gave off the feeling that he was proud despite deliberately going against Law's plan.

Before Law could even say something in return, Sora had already bursted out laughing.

"BWAHAHAHA!" Sora clutched her stomach, her body leaning against Law. "That's the spirit! Oi, Luffy, I like you!"