"kihyun! you look so pretty!" hoseok yelled, still clinging to yoongi's arm. wonho could see jimin and namjoon fretting over two babies behind the two.

"thank you hoseok." kihyun smiled at the two.

"i bet you would look more pretty covered in jewels! right yoongi?!" yoongi grumbled about going deaf because of hoseok but still mumbled a yes with red cheeks.

"well," wonho spoke up, gaining the attention of the season fairies. "yoongi, you will be staying here until you've mastered the use of your powers. once you have, i will give you the option of staying here, or going back to the human world."

yoongi blinked at the words. he wanted to say he didn't want to stay here at all, but he clearly couldn't go back to the human world if there was a chance that he would accidentally freeze someone. he would also have the option of going back to the human world when he finished training, so it wouldn't be too bad. however, he didn't want to suffer alone.

"what about taehyung and seokjin?"

wonho looked him in the eye and without a second thought, he spoke.

"they can't stay here."

yoongi nodded, glancing at hoseok who was still clinging to his arm with a pout, clearly not liking the things spoken between them. then he glanced at kihyun who was frowning at the king. nodding once more, yoongi looked into the silver eyes of the king. "then i'm not staying either."

wonho frowned. "you have to stay here. you do know that you will have to bond with a fairy, correct?"

yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but was silenced by wonho. "i will have you bond with kihyun. hoseok cannot be revealed to others due to his safety, so he is out of the question. whe-"

"no." yoongi glared at the king before him and spoke with a deeper voice. "i don't want to bond with kihyun. i don't want you to tell me what i have to do. i shouldn't have to follow your orders because i don't mindlessly follow someone who manipulates peoples lives. i don't care if you're the king, i won't stay here without my friends, and i sure as hell am not gonna marry a fairy i don't know and that clearly doesn't love me."

kihyun relaxed at the outburst of yoongi's and watched wonho's face contort into one of shock. hoseok blinked at the snow fairy who kept glaring at the king. behind them, taehyung and seokjin held onto the babies while they watched in both shock and growing happiness. yoongi wasn't someone who always showed he cared, but by calling them his friends they felt warm and cared for. jimin and namjoon kept glancing at each other, not knowing that season fairies were arranged to bond with one another and it made them curious as to why it wasn't common knowledge.

"fine. i will let your friends stay, but they must go once your training ends. as for your bond, you wo-"

"i can only bond with other season fairies am i correct? that's why you only gave me the option of kihyun over hoseok. if you're really insistent in making me bond with a fairy then i will only bond with hoseok. he may get on my nerves, but i prefer it to be someone i know over someone that is clearly in love with someone else."

yoongi gave a hard stare at the king, daring him to object the request. wonho sighed, regretting having ever called jimin and namjoon for a report on hoseok. they only ever brought chaos with them.

"we can discuss this at a later time."

jimin and namjoon quickly took that moment to pull yoongi and hoseok out of palace with the humans right behind them. they came back a minute later to stand before wonho who was wondering why the bonded fairies had to come back.

"um..." jimin shifted from foot to foot next to namjoon while he looked at the floor. "are forced bonds common?"

kihyun smiled gently at the two. "every couple is a forced bond. your bond was simply made to stop the tensions between the water nymphs and the fire fairies. others have them for different reasons."

"oh."

wonho sighed for the upteenth time that day. "report your progress with the humans."

namjoon set a hand on jimin's shoulder and spoke for him. "our humans always protect us from the human world when necessary, and they really do care for us despite their excessive use of profanity. kim seokjin has been living a healthier lifestyle since my arrival as well as min yoongi who sleeps more often due to hoseoks insistence. kim taehyung has been less stressed over his child now that he, seokjin and yoongi take turns in caring for us.

i think they may only need us a few more months before they are content with their lives without our help."

wonho nodded and let the two go home with their humans. he turned to kihyun who was watching the sapphire doors and probably thinking of the group of friends that just left.

"i won't promise anything, kihyun." the spring fairy turned to look at him. "but i'll try to love you."

**woah a plot.

i realized in the middle of writing this chapter that i might have extended the chapter count again.

here comes the training arc y'all!

i hope u enjoyed!**