48: "chaos"

[04-10-19]

wonho groaned softly as he caught a glimpse of jimin and namjoon. it wasn't that he didn't like them. the couple was simply their own brand of chaos.

"woah! joonie look! the king changed the pillars to ruby!" jimin exclaimed, moving to touch a pillar before namjoon reached out to lace their fingers together and preventing the nymph from touching anything in the palace.

"i can see." namjoon smiled at his partner who turned a light shade of red as he stared at their interlocked hands.

it was sweet to see jimin look so in love with namjoon. they were one of the few forced bonds that developed into unconditional love, and it was beautiful to see. wonho wished that his marriage would turn into one full of love too (but he knew he couldn't have that.)

"it's too fucking shiny. couldn't the king make his palace a little less extravagant? does he not have mercy for the people going blind?"

"you're not even going blind," said a brunet with a baby babbling in his arms and holding a pomegranate seed.

"yoongi don't say that! his palace is so pretty!"

wonho saw the blond man sigh in resignation right before hoseok bounded up to the human and held onto his arm as his life depended on it.

"i bet you would look really pretty with a bunch of jewels!" hoseok said, beaming at the man and moving closer. "as a girl too!"

"he does have an elegant aura to him." another blond came into view holding a sleeping baby in his arms.

namjoon pulled jimin towards the group and pointed at the babbling baby in the brunette's arms.

"he's dropping juice everywhere."

wonho sighed as he listened to the chaos happening between the group. this was the exact reason why his mother kept the visits of jimin and namjoon to a minimum.

"will you tell them?" came a voice next to him. wonho turned to see kihyun staring at the chaotic group with a small smile. kihyun moved his gaze to catch wonho's and spoke again. "will you force the fairy who lived his life as a human to bond with another fairy he does not know? will you leave the fairy that brings life to both worlds alone with no bond? all so you don't have to bond with me?"

wonho sighed. he knew that he couldn't force yoongi to do something when his whole life was tied to the freedom of the human world and not to the arrangements of the fairy king. hoseok was also someone who wanted a bond with someone he cared for, and wonho knew that hoseok was starting to care for yoongi. if wonho didn't let hoseok take yoongi, then the nature fairy had the ability to stunt the earth's growth in his sadness and anger.

he knew how this could all backfire in some way, but he couldn't bring himself to go against the laws and traditions that he grew up in. he loved kihyun, but as the king, he wasn't allowed to bond with anyone. He grew up knowing that he had no father, and his mother wasn't biological because every fairy of creation or creation fairies were born out of whatever element they have control of. kihyun was born from a pile of leaves, hoseok from a sunflower, yoongi was found in an enclosed cave of ice that melted once the baby was awake and living. wonho himself was also born from inside a sapphire gem like all the previous queens.

wonho didn't have to try to have a child, because the next fairy of creation born from a gem will automatically be considered his child. season fairies could have a bond and have children, but only through other season fairies of the queens/kings choice. it was all tradition and wonho was scared of breaking it. he was scared of the reactions and opposition he would face if he changed the laws.