39: "fucking butterflies"

"why are you a fucking butterfly?"

taehyung crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at jimin (who was a butterfly), and the other two fairies who were looking at the floor guiltily. 

"well i thought it would be easier to find flowers if one of us was a butterfly, so i asked jimin if he wanted to fly." hoseok looked down at his dirty yellow socks with pineapples, and stretched his toes, pouting at the glare he received from the single parent. "jimin voolumpteared."

taehyung sighed and corrected the nature fairy. "it's volunteered."

hoseok continued pouting and mumbled a 'tha's what i said'. namjoon looked up from his dirty orange socks and glanced at his blond human.

"at least we'll be quicker in finding flowers. it's not spring yet so flowers take a long time to grow."

"well, jimin should get flying if we want to find yoongi and jungkook." seokjin said, placing a hand on taehyung's shoulder.

"let's goooooo jiminieeeeee!" hoseok jumped, pointing to the sky and watching as jimin's transparent blue wings started flapping.

++++

"jungkookie, you're gonna get a tummy ache if you keep eating." yoongi sighed when jungkook didn't listen and continued eating his raspberry without a care in the world. the blond writer started patting the adult baby's stomach, earning him a few squeals of laughter. yoongi smiled and looked over at the spring fairy, tending to his flowers with a frown.

"what's wrong?" yoongi asked, watching as kihyun poked a pink petal, and what looked to be ice, froze the petals slowly.

"you're too happy." kihyun said, but yoongi wasn't sure who he was talking to. kihyun cleared his throat and turned to yoongi with a smile. "the snow fairy's too happy, and close if my flowers are freezing up in here."

"i was wondering why you kept saying that you needed to be protected. is there a dangerous place here or something?" 

kihyun hummed and took a seat in front of the two humans, growing another vine for jungkook to continue eating as he gathered his thoughts.

"there was a water nymph, who was assigned to a human to make them happy and earn his wings. everything was fine for a while until the human started using the nymph for experiments." a flower from his pink hair wilted and the petals fell around him. "the kingdom was scared that the human would find out of the creation fairies, so our queen hid them all. most of us were still young and under training. Then the human got into the fairy world and was starting to find where one of us was."

"the snow fairy?" jungkook asked, tilting his head as another flower on kihyun's head wilted.

"yeah... the queen sent him to the human world to protect him, and later, the human left. no one knows if they'll come back."

"is that why hoseok doesn't know what he is exactly?"

"he's different. the last nature fairy had run away before hoseok could start training, so we used the excuse of the human, to never tell anyone who hoseok is. he's also hard to keep contained in one place since he tends to move around often, and he's curious of everything around him." kihyun smiled softly and a flower bloomed right next to jungkooks feet. "he wanted to be the one to find the snow fairy, so that he could make him come back to the fairy world."

yoongi smiled too, because it was a lot like hoseok to do something dangerous in the dumbest and boldest of ways.

"oh! they're coming!" kihyun sat up and glanced at the empty space in the small cave. suddenly a group of people appeared before them with flower petals covering them.

"why the fuck do you have a fucking butterfly with you?"

"it was hoseok's fault." seokjin replied and watched as taehyung ran towards jungkook and scooped him up in his arms as best as he could. the adult baby responded with a squeal and wrapped his arms around his dad before whining when he dropped his new blueberry.

"yoonyoon~!" hoseok sang, jumping over to the blond and tackling him with a wide smile, "i found you!"

"um, hobi, can you change jimin back?" 

"wait namnam, i'm hugging yoonyoon!"

"get off of me hoseok, or so help me i'm throwing you at the nearest lake we pass by." kihyun smiled at the scene in front of him and giggled when hoseok only planted a kiss on yoongi's cheek, causing the blond to frown.

"awe, i missed you too yoonyoon!"

 the blond grumbled out a response no one could hear, but the small smile that was slowly spreading through his face told kihyun everything.

'i guess i missed you too.'

**i swear i knew where this plot was going a month ago but i forgot to type it down oops

Also!!! @LA_LU_NA_S made amazing fanart!!!!!! thank you! <3

if y'all wanna make fanart, message me so i can give you my email, and i can post it here