46: "you're the king"

[02-15-19]

kihyun sighed as he walked through the sapphire doors, glancing at his reflection in the mirror to make sure he was presentable. he plucked off a few flowers that were quick to bloom and wilt, only to have new buds grow in their place ready to wilt in a few minutes.

with the uncontrollable strength of both hoseok and yoongi's abilities, it was becoming increasingly hard for kihyun to control the bloom of his flowers. he wouldn't have it any other way, however; he was content knowing that his fellow season fairies were safe.

but now he had a king to deal with and wilting flowers to pluck.

"kihyun, what brings you here?"

startled, kihyun jumped and turned to see the prince-turned-king staring in curiosity. fumbling with the brown petals of a flower he just plucked, he bowed and watched as a few petals fell to the marbled floor.

"don't do that." the king scowled, reaching over to straighten kihyun's back.

"but you're the king."

"only in title."

kihyun simply stared at the fairy of creation in front of him. "wonho."

the king smiled in return, "kihyun."

kihyun's sighed once more and glanced at a pillar made of ruby. "i wanted to talk to you -about the snow and nature fairies."

"you know that i can't talk about that."

"they're here." kihyun's watched wonho's eyebrows scrunch together. "the human hoseok ended up living with is the snow fairy. yoongi came back with no memories of his childhood with me, why?"

"we erased his memories so he wouldn't be caught."

"and why did you send hoseok on a mission to retrieve wings instead of making him stay? -instead of telling every fairy in this kingdom that he was the nature fairy?"

"hoseok would be seen as a disgrace."

"but not everyone knows about it!"

"the older generations remember what the previous nature fairy did." wonho gently traced the ruby pillars, making them shine a deeper red. "we didn't have a summer at all, kihyun. for a decade, the previous snow fairy had to make sure he didn't freeze the spring fairies flowers to death during the summer that didn't exist. you knew how ryeowook acted whenever yesung would cover his flowers with ice."

"hoseok wasn't created yet! he shouldn't be blamed for the actions of heechul!"

"do you think anyone would care?"

"what about our bonds?" kihyun asked quietly, almost as though he were afraid of talking any louder. "how would we bond if no one knows of their status?"

"you will bond with yoongi. he'll be celebrated for coming back."

kihyun avoided the silver eyes of his king as he bit his lip. he didn't like this at all. he didn't want to ruin what yoongi and hoseok had with their own human family (no matter how dysfunctional it seemed.)

"how could you say that?" he whispered, looking at the shiny marbled floor covered in flower petals.

"kihyun, please."

the spring fairy looked up to meet wonho's silver eyes with sadness, determination and passion. "i love you."

wonho frowned and looked down at the floor, the black marble losing it's shine when his gaze settled on it.

kihyun took a deep breath in before he continued talking. "you always tell me we can't bond because of our status, but you're the king right now. we can bond like you used to say we would!"

"it's not that easy! you have to follow tradition!"

"the tradition was broken the moment we never got a third autumn fairy! i don't want to bond with yoongi because hoseok might want to bond with him!" kihyun felt as the flowers on his body shriveled up and fell to the dull marbled floor. "I want to bond with you!"

"i know." wonho whispered. "i-i'll try, but I can't promise anything."

"that's all i ask for."

** [g a s p s]
what is this? an actual chapter? with actual drama?

lma o I'm like 46 chapters too late to start the actual plot and idk what happened throughout the making of this story

also this was supposed to be posted for valentines day but that didn't happen.

that doesn't stop my love for u tho! <3

take care, eat healthy and drink water!**