42: "mushrooms"

**woAh it's been a while.
short chap bc i got a long special chapter im finishing up.
enjoy!**

the group of eight made their way through the forests and meadows, passing by a clearing where hoseok had previously plucked out all the flowers. looking around, the nature fairy was lost in thought. it was surreal to him that he was such a unique and important fairy. the curly haired brunette vibrated in excitement, not noticing that yoongi took a few steps further away from the happy mess that oozed out pure excitement. 'almost like a ball of sunshine.' yoongi shivered at the thought of such a hyperactive hoseok.

jimin and namjoon walked ahead of them, whispering to each other as they lead everyone to hoseok's home. yoongi saw jimin perk up and turn to kihyun who was right behind them and asked,

"so now that yoonyoon is here, is he staying here?" this caught hoseok's attention and he waited with enthusiasm for kihyuns reply.

"i hope the fuck not." yoongi groaned out.

kihyun shrugged, ignoring yoongi. "maybe. the prince has to make that decision."

"this is honestly the craziest time of my life," taehyung said from yoongi's left, holding onto jungkook's hand so he doesn't wander off, "not only are we in a fairy world, but my best friend is a fairy, i almost got turned into ashes and into an ice sculpture and jimin was a fucking butterfly for a while. this is worse than when i get high on mushrooms."

"but mushrooms are on the ground?" jimin said with a confused frown.

"they grow on trees too jiminie." hoseok piped in, walking closer to yoongi who only sighed. he was tired of this.

"i think he means the magic ones that the queen doesn't let us eat." namjoon added as he reached out to hold jimin's hand to prevent the nymph from stopping in the middle of the road, or trip on air.

"my point is: what the fuck." jungkook looked up at his father when he said those words, and he stared with wide eyes, stumbling a bit as he was led by taehyung through a field.

"tha's a ba-"

"i hawd mushwooms wonce too didn' i?" everyone stilled when they heard jungkook's voice and taehyung gave a wary glance at yoongi who only glared back at him.

"you fed him magic mushrooms?!" seokjin yelled next to kihyun, who gave a disapproving glance at taehyung.

"that was when taehyung didn't know how to tell apart magic mushrooms and regular ones." yoongi grumbled out, recalling how hysterical taehyung was when he found out he'd fed his one-year-old a drug.

"can we not talk about my mistakes as a father?" taehyung tried to defend himself. also trying his damned hardest not to pout when seokjin pulled jungkook close to himself and away from the single parent, leaving him empty handed.

"taehyung, your whole life is full of mistakes."

"and apparently it's also full of fairies!" taehyung vaguely motioned towards all the fairies in front of him.

hoseok bounced on the tips of his toes with a big smile on his face. "but we're really fun, right?!"

taehyung saw the exact moment when jimin's eyes sparkled in anticipation and hope that he was indeed fun to be with. namjoon simply gave a tiny smile as a soft pink tint dusted his cheeks. not able to resist those looks on the fairies (and he was a father dammit! he was supposed to be immune to these things!) he nodded and the three fairies cheered in delight.

out of the corner of his eye, he saw yoongi groan.

**i think ive said this before, but wowie your comments crack me up sometimes and i have this goofy smile and wow i love you all <3**