Whole And Present

Start from the beginning

They both nod as Bright whines, "Geez, Ai'Arthit, I am hurt." He wraps an arm around Tutah. "Do you care nothing for us?" Puffing out his bottom lip.

I shove his head as I walk by him, "Fine. Ai'Bright and Ai'Tutah, message me when you get to your dorm. Happy?" I laugh as Kongpop and I walk out of the infirmary.

"Aww... I feel so loved," Tutah calls after us.

Kongpop and I walk out of the building. We walk without talking to the food stall by our dorm. I order our drinks as he orders our food. Kongpop follows me as I lead him to my dorm, not his. Walking in, I drop the backpacks as he places the food on the table. He turns to look at me, and everything I have been feeling today hits me. He quickly crosses the room and wraps his arms around me, and strokes my hair.

"I am fine," he murmurs into my hair. "I am fine, P'Arthit."

"I was so scared, Kong," I mumble into his shoulder, "What if we hadn't come in time? They may have been after N'Wad, but..." I trail off as I wrap my arms around him tighter.

He pulls back to look at my face. "Let's eat. I am hungry, and I need to before I take some medicine." I nod as he places a kiss on my forehead.

He lets go, and I turn and look at the ceiling, taking a deep breath, trying to keep myself from letting the tears that have been threatening fall. I feel his breath against my ear as he tells me once more. "I am fine, P'." I nod and go to the table to set out the food.

"Kong, stay over tonight," I say as I am looking at the food. I get no reply, so I turn to look at him. I have to give myself a mental high five for frying my boyfriend's brain. He is standing there gaping at me, and I watch that smile that makes my heart stop spread across his face. I can feel my face getting warm, so I turn away and smile.

"I would love to stay here," he says, his voice husky, as he walks over and gives me a quick peck on the cheek before he sits down. The look he is giving me tells me I might have just bitten off more than I can chew.

Prem's POV

I can't take my eyes off Wad. I have to make a conscious effort not to go over and wrap my arms around him. In comparison, this time is not as bad as the last. I can still see a split lip and cut in his eyebrow. A bruise is beginning to color around his left eye. It will be a beauty by morning.

The moment we got the message, it felt as if someone had ripped my heart out. I didn't even think. The only thing in this world was Wad and me getting to him. I was so glad my friends felt the same. Running down the hall with them and everyone trying to figure out where Wad could be was comforting. I have been working for so long to keep Wad safe by myself, I had felt like I was drowning before, but now I wasn't doing this alone.

I look over at Arthit and see his hand on Kongpop's knee and watch as Kongpop covers Arthit's hand with his. Even though they started as rough as Wad and I, they have seemed to have begun a good senior-junior relationship. I am happy they won't be at each other throats anymore if I have to be around Wad's friend, and his friends have to be around mine.

At that moment, Knott, Bright, Tutah, and our professor walk into the infirmary. Professor Thorat's face turns dark as he looks over Wad and N'Kongpop.

The professor looks at Knott, asking, "Do you know who did this?"

Knott answers, "It was dark, and they had run away by the time we got close. We chased after them, but they lost us."

"So you don't know if they attend school here or not." Professor Thorat glowers.

I hope he doesn't push Knott. Knott is not one to lie to elders, and this little lie is pushing my friend's limits. We don't know what is going on yet, and we don't want to involve school administrators until we know the complete story, even if it is wrong.