GLAAD

Today was the day that she and her husband would be going to the GLAAD awards

Today was the day that she and her husband would be going to the GLAAD awards. Her husband was good at winging speeches but she knew she'd be too nervous to say everything she wanted to if she didn't rehearse it first. This award meant a lot to both of them, they would be receiving a vanguard award for being allies of the LGBTQIA community. She found some down time to practice her speech, she closed the bathroom door and began to read off the speech she wrote earlier in the week.
"One of the most beautiful memories from our tour was looking out every night and seeing the hardest gangsta trapping out next to the most fabulous queen full out respecting & celebrating each other & that's the beauty of a great partnership connecting people who at first glance seem to be worlds apart & weather its our fans or our family the LGBTQI community has always supported us and lifted us up & we thank you guys we're here to promote love for every human being & change starts with supporting the people closest to you so let's tell them they are loved let's remind them they are beautiful let's speak out and protect them & parents lets love our kids in their truest forms so that we continue to shift stigmas in this community especially those in black families towards accepting queer black & brown men & women lastly I want to dedicate this award to my uncle Johnny the most fabulous gay man I've ever known who helped raise me & my sister he lived his truth he was brave & unapologetic during a time where this country wasn't as accepting & witnessing his battle with HIV was one of the most painful experiences I've ever lived I'm hopeful that his struggle helped to open pathways for other young people to live more freely LGBTQI rights are human rights to choose who you love is your human right how you identify & see yourself is your human right who you make love to and take that ass to red lobster is your human right I wanted to say to jay I'm so proud of you for making incredible strides in changing stigma in the hip hop community it has been a privilege to watch you take those steps and stand right next to me."
She decided she liked how it sounded so she began reading it silently to herself so she could remember it. The sound of clapping disrupted her reading. It was her husband standing in the frame of the bathroom door.
"How long have you been there?" She chuckled.
"I heard the whole speech" he informed her. "That's beautiful Bey, but I can't believe you just rehearsed that."
"You know I forget things when my stage fright kicks in."
"You're so cute" he pinched her cheeks. She rolled her eyes, she lowkey hated when he did that.
"People gonna love that red lobster part."
"It's not too corny?" She asked.
"You know I would've told you if it was corny."
"I had to add some funny in there it was getting a little depressing towards the end" She admitted.
"That's your truth Bey, sometimes the truth is a little depressing."
"You're right even though you sound like a therapist."
"Well I been to enough sessions by now" he said honestly.
"So what are you going to say for your speech?" She asked changing the subject.
"I dunno prolly something about my mother" he shrugged nonchalantly.
She shook her head and chuckled "We're so different."
"And so the same" he kissed her cheek.

"Cried tears of joy when you fell in love don't matter to me if it's a him or her" -Jay Z "Smile"