Say My Name

(A/n: this is before they were dating)

She was wide awake. The jet lag disoriented her sleep schedule. Somehow Kelly & Michelle were out cold. They were in the same suite together. Why not? She asked herself as she picked up her cellphone to call Jay. She had nothing else to do and conversations with him were one of her favorite ways to pass time anyway.

____________________________

(Jay's place)

The girl he bought back to his place laid on the opposite side of him on the bed catching her breath.
"Mmmm damn Daddy your dick is so good."
"True" he boasted.
She rolled her eyes.
"I know you don't think you goin' to sleep over there."
"Oh what you kicking me out?" She asked.
"Nah c'mere" he grabbed a handful of her hair and lead her face to his lap.
She knew exactly what that meant and wasted no time giving him what he wanted.
In the middle of this Jay's phone began to ring.
Whoever is calling at this time of night better be dying he thought.
He reached over to the nightstand beside the bed and grabbed his phone. It was Beyoncé. He hadn't talked to her in almost a month this was a busy time for both of them they couldn't seem to catch each other in their never ending game of phone tag. He decided to answer, he missed talking to her. His visitor looked up at him in disbelief when he answered the phone. He put his hand over his lips and made a hush motion. She rolled her eyes again.
"Hello?" Beyoncé said on the other end of the phone.
"Hey, what's good?" He was careful not to say her name or anything that would reveal to his company he was talking to another girl.
She was smiling so big at the other end of the phone she loved his accent and picking up on slang that he used too.
"Nothing we just took a long flight overseas for the tour and I can't sleep Kelly and Michelle knocked out over here though."
He laughed "Damn you tried taking that sleep medicine?" Sometimes she couldn't get her brain to turn off at night so she took a sleep aid when she needed to. He remembered her telling that to him once.
"No I don't feel like taking it."
"Yeah I don't really mess with medicine like that either" he agreed. His company cleared her throat to remind him she was still here. He looked at her annoyed as to tell her to shut up.
Beyoncé heard someone in the background clearing their throat but she ignored it.
"Sorry for calling so late I forgot about the time difference" she apologized.
"That's alright you know I always answer when you call" he said smoothly. His company was growing impatient so she decided to take matters into her own hands, literally. She slid her hands into his lap and slowly they traveled to his dick. He let her do her thing as he tried his best to focus on the conversation he was having. Apparently she really wanted him to end this conversation because she started giving him head again. Jay tried his best to stay composed. He accidentally let out a grunt.
"You... alright?" Beyoncé asked. She thought he might've had someone over she kept hearing noises in the background but now she was sure something was going on.
"Yeah.. I'm... good" he breathed between words trying not to grunt again. Jay had to signal her to stop.
She sucked her teeth "are you serious nigga?!"
Jay was super mad now he knew Bey heard that little outburst of hers.
"If you're busy I can call you back" he could sense the attitude in her voice, which is exactly what he didn't want to happen.
"I'm not busy."
"You sound like you have company" she said now even more annoyed he was lying to her. "Nah" he said as smoothly as he could hoping to defuse the situation.
"If there's no one there why haven't you addressed me by name this entire conversation?" She tested.
He was caught.
"Bey I--" before he could try to further explain himself she hung up the phone. He let out a sigh of frustration. He got out the bed put his boxers on and went to pick up her clothes then threw them at her.
"Get out, now!"
"You mad cuz I made your little girlfriend angry?" She tested.
"Shut the fuck up and get out."
As soon as she left he blew up Beyoncé's phone. Thankfully she answered on his ninth call.
"What?" She answered.
He didn't exactly know what he wanted to say he just knew he didn't want her to be mad at him.
"Are you gonna say anything because I can hang up."
"I know you don't wanna hear this but I'm sorry."
"You're right I don't want to hear that if you had company why did you even answer?" She asked.
"Because I wanted to talk to you I wasn't doing anything when you called she came onto me during our conversation" he lied.
She didn't say anything.
"Bey?"
She sighed "I don't know why I'm even mad I shouldn't be surprised."
He resented that he knew she was speaking about the reputation he had with women.
Truthfully he didn't have to be on the phone explaining anything to her because they weren't even dating but he liked her and cared about what she thought of him.
"I'm not just some man whore."
"Did I call you that?"
"No but you insinuated."
He continued "You don't get lonely on the road sometimes?"
"Of course but when I do I don't invite random guys to my hotel."
He could tell there was no reasoning in this situation.
"You're right I need to stop with the booty calls" he admitted.
"If you ever wanted a respectable women yeah" she agreed.
"A respectable woman like you?" He asked.
She paused he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of answering that question with the truth especially not after him just having a girl over.
"No" she giggled.
"Yeah alright front on me now" he said not buying her response for a second.
She looked at the time for the first time since she got on the phone, it was almost 4 AM she needed to be up at six for interviews in the morning.
"I have to go to sleep now" she announced.
"Imma call you this week you gonna answer or we not friends anymore?" He asked.
She rolled her eyes "I guess that's for you to find out."
He shook his head this girl is spicy she always has a comeback.
"Goodnight Beyoncé, I hope you sleep well."
"Goodnight Jay, I hope you sleep alone" she teased.
"Why you had to go there?"
She laughed "Bye Jay!"
"Bye Jay!!" Kelly & Michelle said loud enough so he could hear.
Beyoncé jumped "how long have y'all been being nosey?"
"About ten minutes now" Kelly answered nonchalantly.
"Tell Kelly and Chelle I said goodnight" he said back.
"Alright I will" She hung up.
"He said goodnight" Beyoncé told them rolling her eyes at her nosey friends.
"So you gonna answer him when he calls this week?" Kelly asked.
"I don't know" she lied. Kelly and Michelle looked at each other as to say yeah right.
"What?" She asked.
"You gonna answer his call" Kelly teased.
"Whatever I'm going to sleep" she said shrugging her girls off.

"Baby why? Why you gotsta lie? I'm all up in yo game boy you better say my name" -Destiny's Child