4:44

It was the night of her 21st birthday

It was the night of her 21st birthday. She was finally legal. Tonight was a rare occasion where she could just enjoy herself, let loose and have fun. Jay knew he had to come when she invited him. Not only because of their budding friendship but because the pictures that were on the invitation.

If she was going to be dressed anything like she was on the invitation he had to be there

____________________________

"So wassup Jay? Beyoncé turning twenty one you been chasing her around for a while now" they were all in the hotel smoking and drinking until they felt like leaving for the party

"So wassup Jay? Beyoncé turning twenty one you been chasing her around for a while now" they were all in the hotel smoking and drinking until they felt like leaving for the party. A skate party wasn't really his scene but it was for Beyoncé so he could at least try.
"First off nigga I don't chase no bitch I'm going to the party cuz she invited me."
"Aight big homie you don't gotta get testy shit, tonight might be the perfect time to make your move she's gonna be drinking and all excited to see you."
"Bleek calm ya little ass down" he paused "but shit, you might be right little homie."
He couldn't lie and say he didn't think about how vulnerable she might be tonight.
"Look at my nigga Jay actually going along with the theme of the party and shit got the grill in and everything he want the pussy bad" Ty Ty laughed.
He sucked his teeth, he couldn't take much more of them antagonizing him "Aight let's go it's supposed to be over at two anyway."

___________________________

Beyoncé was enjoying her party

Beyoncé was enjoying her party. She had a few drinks and was feeling it although she'd only been taking a few sips throughout the night. It was time to cut the cake, everyone gathered around to sing happy birthday. It was then that Beyoncé spotted Jay for the first time, he must've just got there she'd been secretly looking for him the whole night. As soon as the crowd dispersed from around her after singing happy birthday Jay decided to greet her.
He crept up behind her smoothly "Hey, ma happy birthday, again."
He spoke to her on the phone earlier and wished her a happy birthday.
"Thank you, again" she giggled.
That laugh he'd become accustomed to hearing, over the phone usually but he loved hearing it.
"Sorry I'm so late I didn't time my travel right" he lied, he showed up late on purpose so it'd look like he didn't care and in case he didn't enjoy the vibe of the party he wouldn't have to stay for that long.
"I didn't even notice you weren't here there's so many people" she was lying too.
"Yeah it is a nice turn out, you enjoying yourself?"
"Yeah I am."
"I see you been sipping" she had a glass of champagne in her hand.
"Yeah a little."
"Finally legal uh oh" he winked.
She instantly blushed.
"You too cool to skate?" She asked him changing the subject.
"Ma, you don't wanna see me skate I'll bust my ass then I'd have to go into hiding."
She laughed.
"But go head enjoy yourself imma be with my boys."
They parted ways, they didn't want to be under each other all party anyway especially not with all these people around. At certain points Jay would search the crowd of people looking for her. At one point he saw her talking to some dude. He didn't like how close they were or how hard they were laughing he took mental note of that.
The party ended around 3AM Jay made sure to find Beyoncé again before he left.
"You coming to chill with me or you gonna call it a night?" He asked.
She was looking at him like he was up to something and he sensed that.
"Nothing like that come on Bey you know we can talk for hours I'm just asking for your company."
"I guess I can keep you company, Jay."
They let their friends know they were leaving without them.
As promised they were on the bed talking while a movie played on the TV.
"You looked good tonight, I meant to say that earlier I must've got nervous" he said.
She knew that wasn't true nervous wasn't in his vocabulary he was the most confident person she knows. She just gave him a yeah right look.
"I'm serious I see you getting sexy showing skin" he flirted.
She giggled "You looked cute too I love the grill nice touch."
"I thought you'd like that, I wore it just for you."
It got quiet between the two after their flirty banter. Jay pretended to be paying attention to the TV but what he saw at the party was eating at him so he brought it up.
"Ole dude was on you at the party too thought he was gonna get ya phone number or something" he said slyly trying to sound unbothered. It took her a minute to remember who he was talking about.
"How do you know I didn't give it to him?" She tested.
"I know you wouldn't be out here embarrassing me like that" he said confidently.
"Embarrassing?"
"You know we got something going on between us It would be funny to give another dude your number."
"Something going on?" He was being vague she wanted him to elaborate.
He sensed this. Instead of doing what she wanted he moved over until they were face to face and slowly went in to kiss her.
She accepted and that signified the start of them dating exclusively.
"That type of something, if ya didn't know now ya know!" He kissed her again.
She was on a high. She couldn't have asked for a better end to her birthday she had been wanting this for a long time. After all this time of avoiding the obvious they were finally more than just "friends".

"Said don't embarrass me instead of be mine
That was my proposal for us to go steady
That was your 21st birthday" -Jay Z 4:44

Y'all know I had to write after I heard 4:44 Jay poured his heart out. I'll leave it at that 👀😂