Daddy

Matthew thought Beyoncé had been distracted lately always on the phone or waiting for a call not laser focused on rehearsal. It was bad for business and personally as her father he didn't like it either. Nobody ever made Bey lose focus like this especially not a boy.

She was giggling on the phone at something Jay said he was away at the moment so she jumped at the opportunity to talk to him.
"Bey... BEYONCÉ.. Hello!!" Her father yelled to her.
She finally realized her father was calling her "sorry daddy one second."
"Jay I gotta go breaks over I have to get back to rehearsal" she told him.
He chuckled "that's cool Bey go head talk to you later on."
"Did you not hear me calling you?" Her father asked.
"Sorry daddy I honestly didn't" she said truthfully.
"You are distracted lately" Bey knew that was a back handed comment towards Jay, she was also annoyed he said that loud enough for everyone in rehearsal to hear.
"Ok can we get back to rehearsing now?" She ignored his comments.

Later That Night At Bey's Place

She was on the phone with Jay again in bed. It was routine for her to fall asleep on the phone with him. Bey was telling him about how her dad had embarrassed her in rehearsal today.
"I bet he's gonna be happy when you tell him you're moving in" he said sarcastically.
She was quiet.
"Bey I was joking" he said.
She sighed "I know.."
"You haven't even mentioned it to him have you?" He asked.
"No I'm just not looking forward to the he's no good for you, you shouldn't move in with him speech, I have half the mind not to even tell him but I don't wanna go behind his back, that would make me look like the little girl he already thinks I am" she admitted.
"I feel you" Jay said sympathizing with her.

Sunday Dinner With Bey's Parents

Jay was back home and they had 2 weeks together she decided this would be a good time to drop the news, truthfully this was more for her dad, Solange and her mother already knew they would just act surprised when Bey decided to tell Matthew tonight.
"So me and Jay have some exciting news to share" she started. Matthew looked up and put his fork down he prayed this wasn't what he thought it was.
"Me and Bey decided to move in together" Jay finished for her. Matthew sighed in relief. Solange and Tina gave their congratulations pretending this is this first time they've heard this news Matthew didn't show much of an reaction, just a half smile then went back to eating. Bey noticed and took offense. She made it her business to talk to him after dinner.
"Daddy what was wrong with you at dinner?" She asked.
"Bey I just don't think it's a good idea, You don't have to ask you know how I feel" he said bluntly.
She let out a frustrated sigh "Aren't you ever gonna give this a rest?"
"I'm sorry honey what makes you so sure you're any different? When he gets what he wants from you he won't just be done with you?" She felt he was throwing low punches at her on purpose.
"Why would you say that?! Me and Jay have been together for a while now, daddy obviously it's serious between us why can't you just accept that?" She was on the verge of tears.
"Nobody is ever gonna be good enough for you,
to me, Bey Bey can you blame me?" He asked.
"No don't flip it, you don't like what you think he is" she had tears in her eyes at this point she was so tired of this same argument with him.
He scoffed "Maybe he's exactly what I think he is but you're blind by the things he buys you and what he's obviously doing to you."
Bey wasn't having this argument with him anymore it already went too far she walked away from her dad. The visit didn't last long after their argument.

In The Bedroom Later That Night

"Bey don't let it get to you, you know he's wrong" he said rubbing her back trying to comfort her.
She sniffled "it's just so annoying why does he have to make this so difficult you think he'd be happy for me I have the best of both worlds not a lot of people get to do with they love and have someone to love too."
He lifted her face and kissed her.
The kiss got deeper.
They found themselves naked and their bodies intertwining.
"I love you" she told him.
He kissed her again.
Her breathing was becoming uneven.
"Jay I'm--" She wasn't able to finish her sentence.
"I know" is all he said.
She dug her nails into his back.

They were cuddled together now.
"I don't like that your pops feels that way about me but it's not gonna stop us from progressing as a couple, Bey we got something real I'm gonna be with you he'll come around one day until then we gonna do our thing" he assured her.

" Tell your mother that I love her, cuz I love you, tell your father we go further as s couple.."