Big Sister

Solange sat and stared at the pregnancy test in disbelief

Solange sat and stared at the pregnancy test in disbelief. One time was all it takes to slip up she thought to herself. Solange would've never picture herself in this situation she always thought of herself as a smart girl. She believed things like this didn't happen to smart girls. But it was happening to her. So now what?
The first thing that crossed her mind after the pregnancy test read positive was her sister. She was definitely the first person she was going to tell. She knew she could come to her without judgement. She disposed of the pregnancy test and washed her hands. She picked up the phone to call her sister. She hoped she wasn't too busy to talk. Her sister was in a whirlwind of her own her fame had skyrocketed after the release of her first solo album, which was hard to believe seeing as she was already part of one of the biggest girl groups of all time. The album was super successful so if she wasn't doing award show appearances she was touring. She also started acting in movies around this time. And on top of all of that she was more serious than ever in her relationship with super successful rapper Jay Z. Knowing her sister could balance all those moving parts to her life gave her confidence that she could do the same as a mother.
"Hey Solo!!" Jay actually came up with that nickname for Solange Beyoncé thought it was cute and has been calling her it ever since.
"Hi Bey" she tried her best not to sound shaken or scared.
"You alright?" Beyoncé asked immediately realizing something was up.
"Yeah, well I guess I am..."
"Come on Solange you know you can tell me whatever it is" she encouraged her little sister.
Solange took a deep breath. Saying it out loud would make it real. Given that she only found out less than a half hour ago all this was happening fast.
"I'm—"
"I—"
She took a deep breath again.
"Bey I don't know how this happened to me" she finally spit out a complete sentence.
"How what happened?" Beyoncé asked concerned.
"Me and Daniel.."
Beyoncé was finally getting the gist of what she was trying to admit but she wanted to wait for her sister to completely come out with it.
"You can tell me anything" she assured her sister again.
"I'm having a baby" she said nearly in tears.
WOW Beyoncé thought to herself.
"Have you told anyone besides me yet?"
"Nope you're the first to know."
"I'll be with you every step of the way I don't care what I have to cancel I'll be there."
"I know Bey, but what about Daniel he's going to college soon he's got that football scholarship everyone says he could go to the nfl what if I'm ruining his plans?!"
"Hey! You both made the decision to be intimate knowing this could happen so if he looks at it like that he's an asshole."
"What if I'm ruining my life?" That was her biggest worry not Daniel or how her parents would take it.
"Solange you have been independent since you were twelve you march to the beat of your own drum and you're more mature than people my age and older you have the characteristics of a great mother and a damn good example of one in our mom."
Solange breathed a sigh of relief she's glad she chose to call her sister first.
"Thank you Bey for not judging."
"Of course, it could happen to anybody" she reminded her.
"Yeah any slip ups with Jay when y'all first started dating it could've been you" she joked lightening the mood.
"Hey now! No offense but don't even put that out in the universe for me" she laughed.
Solange's laughter halted when she thought about her next obstacle.
"Mama and dad.." she said out loud.
Beyoncé sighed just thinking about it. Her mom wasn't going to be that much of a problem but their dad? He would give Solange hell.
"What do you think Daddy is gonna say?" Solange asked.
Beyoncé did the best impersonation of her father she could "YOU'RE WHAT?! SOLANGE PIAGET KNOWLES!! HOW COULD YOU BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE I WORKED SO HARD TO PROVIDE YOU OPPORTUNITY AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO?! AND THAT DANIEL I ALWAYS KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE LET HIM NEAR YOU, YOU AND YOUR SISTER ARE LOSING YOUR HEADS OVER THESE BOYS!"
"Wow that was actually really good, it'll probably be much worse than that but good first effort" Solange chuckled.
"I can come with you to tell them" Beyoncé offered.
"No I think I have to do this on my own."
"You're probably right" she agreed. A silence came over the two.
"So auntie Bey?" Beyoncé smiled.
"That's cute, auntie Bey."
"I can't wait to buy the baby everything it doesn't need" she smiled.
"Oh gosh" Solange put her face in her palm.

Snooping on Imani-Joy's IG gave me the inspiration for this chapter 🤣

"You did a kickass job. You were the most patient, loving, wonderful sister ever. In the 30 years that we've been together, I think we've only really, like, butted heads ... we can count on one hand."- Solange on how Beyoncé was as a sister growing up (being interviewed by Beyoncé for Interview Magazine)