Out West

Beyoncé could remember a point in time where she found herself "house shopping

Beyoncé could remember a point in time where she found herself "house shopping."  Alone just to test out the market and see what kind of places were out there for her and her daughter to live comfortably. In the case she and Jay did decide to call it quits, she wanted to make sure her and her daughter had a place to call their own. A place where the two of them could make new memories together. In an area where they'd both enjoy. She and Jay were fighting all the time. The arguments seemed to be getting worse and worse. Physically and emotionally they had never been so far apart from each other. Sleeping in separate beds, barely speaking if it wasn't about their child. But they were a ways from being in that same dark, dark place in their relationship. They both agreed on going to marriage counseling. In one of those counseling sessions their counselor suggested something. A fresh start for all of them, as a family. After a few sessions it became obvious that neither of them wanted a divorce. So the next step for them would be figuring out how to heal and move passed the pain.

___________________________

Their counselor didn't say specifically what the fresh start should be. That was their job to figure out. Jay decided to bring it up again during dinner.
"So, have you gave what the counselor said anymore thought?" Jay asked. Whatever a fresh start meant for her he would be willing to agree to it.
"Yeah, I've been thinking about it a lot actually."
He nodded his head signaling for her to explain what was on her mind.
"I think we need a change of scenery."
Jay took a moment before he replied. She noticed him being quiet after her suggestion.
"Well?..." She asked wanting his reply.
"So, you want to move?"
"Yeah, I think we need new surroundings, Jay. A lot has happened here. Being here reminds me of certain events. Moving is a fresh start away from the things we experienced here."
This made Jay uncomfortable. He lived in New York his whole life he loved the city. He also felt she was saying she doesn't trust him to be able to live here and change. Which made him upset as well.
"You think I'm too tempted here?" He asked. She could hear the irritation in his voice.
"That could be part of it." They were very transparent with each other these days. Something they talked about in counseling. Complete honesty even if the truth hurts.
"Are you serious?!"
She was taken aback by his tone.
"Why are you yelling? I'm being honest that's not the sole reason for me wanting to move the biggest reason is for the fresh start."
Jay clinched his jaw. He pushed his plate away and got up from the table.
"Jay cmon, don't walk away like that" she pleaded. He wasn't listening. He walked into a spare bedroom slamming the door behind him.

____________________________

He laid across the bed with his hands behind his head thinking. She made some points he had to admit. But the fact still remained that moving out the place he called home his whole life was a big change. That was part of the reason he overreacted when she gave him an honest answer about temptation. In addition to going to marriage counseling Jay also went to therapy alone. The more he opened up in those sessions the more he learned about himself. One of those things being he didn't like change very much. He and his therapist came to the conclusion that he should be willing to do more things out of his comfort zone. Especially involving his relationship. That echoed in Jay's head as he thought to himself in the quiet of the spare room. He decided to go talk to his wife.
___________________________

He Opened the door to their bedroom. Bey was on the bed reading and Blue was fast asleep beside her.
"You woke her up when you slammed the door" she let him know with an attitude.
"Sorry" he whispered. "I needed some time with my thoughts, I overreacted at the table."
She nodded in agreement.
"I've lived here my whole life and just leaving like that it's a big change it scared me, you know I hate change."
"I know" she said.
"But I was telling the truth when I told you whatever we have to do to make it work I'm willing to do."
"So does that mean we're in agreement?" She asked.
"Absolutely, the move will be our fresh start."
She clapped her hands. He walked to her side of the bed he kneeled down so they were eye level and held both her hands.
"I apologize again for walking away" he gave her a quick peck the lips. To his surprise she deepened the kiss. Eventually he ended up on top of her as they kissed. Their session was interrupted when he remembered their daughter was laying on their California king bed inches away.
"Let me put her back in her room" Jay said.
"Don't expect no pussy when you come back, you still walked away from me" she whispered.
Jay could only shake his head and chuckle. He couldn't say he didn't deserve that.

___________________________

(Their next counseling session)

"Did you two decided on what a fresh start means to you?"
"Yeah, we decided we want to move" Beyoncé told the counselor.
"You two are both in agreement with that?"
"Yes" they both answered.
"So, do you know where?"
"Out west" Jay answered.
"Wow across the country?"
They both shook their heads.
"So moving is only one piece of the puzzle, when you find a place you think is right and relocate what's going to be different?"
"Everything" Jay answered honestly.

"Y'all know how I met her, we broke up and got back together to get her back I had to sweat her
Y'all could make up with a bag, I had to change the weather
Move the family West but it's whatever" - Jay Z "LOVEHAPPY"