Image 133: Bunnymund in Winter Outfit (RotG)

Okay, this is my first ever try with drawing Bunny from RotG

Okay, this is my first ever try with drawing Bunny from RotG. And you're all probably wondering why Bunny is wearing clothes when he clearly doesn't actually do that. Well, not to spoil too much, but RD and I have been collaborating on the next RotG crossover story and, around there, we get to a part where Bunny gets some warm attire. It was mostly my idea since, from around the beginning of the movie, Bunny couldn't handle the Artic cold. And, since he will be going to even more freezing places, I wanted to give him something that is a small reference to the book version of Bunnymund. 

Here are some interesting facts about the design of Bunnymund. You see, in the book series 'The Guardians of Childhood', his early concept art depicted him in a green robe, but the artists felt this wasn't allowing him to move as swiftly. They pulled it down to a thin lab coat, but they still didn't feel like Bunnymund was filling in their thoughts. They eventually stripped him of all clothing, and they settled on his current design. In early designs, Bunny was professorial, wore a cloak, and was a little uptight. But then when Hugh Jackman was cast to play Bunny, the artists came up with this notion of him as a cool and tough Australian ranger. 

So, to be straight, Bunny has on a green trench coat that had some detailed patterns representing Spring with golden egg-shaped buttons on the sides and red velvet fur lining inside, a purple sash around his waist, dark purple fingerless gloves and footwear. 

I wanted to be mindful on the jacket and threads so it wouldn't be too long, loose, or trippy for Bunny when getting in on the action. The purple sash around his waist was more than just looks that represent Bunny in an Australian and Japanese style. It's also where his boomerang are placed since his holster is inside the jacket. Even within the red velvet fur lining inside the jacket, it has some pockets where he keeps his magic exploding egg bombs. The dark purple fingerless gloves and footwear were also Japanese-like to keep his paws warm. As for the jacket, I thought of something more modern instead of a robe like the original book version. I thought a green trench coat would make him more dashing. And adding some color referenced to the robe and egg-shaped buttons was not so hard. However, I felt that the jacket needed something. So, when in a very detailed world, I thought of doing some Spring designs I used from 'The Art of Rise of the Guardians', where they explain the art concepts behind the storyline, characters, scenes, animation, and magic behind making the movie. It was not easy, but I had some small practice before dealing with the real thing. 

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed it.