Does The Universe Hate Me

Kongpop' POV

Does the universe hate me? I specifically put off going and getting food to avoid running into P'Arthit. I mean, I skipped breakfast and lunch hours to minimize the chance that I would run into him. Only to see a sleep-rumpled P'Arthit stroll in and head to the drink stall to order his signature pink milk. Please just be here for the drink. Please...Ok, it is official.

Universe 2 Kongpop 0

Keeping my back to him as he walks up to the food stall in hopes that he won't notice me, I mentally say, "Chicken Basil with rice." And sure enough, he says it.

"Chicken Basil with Rice," he tells the Aunty as he rubs his eyes. He really looks like he just woke up. It's 2 pm. Did he really just wake up?

"Minced pork omelet with rice," the Aunty at the stall calls out.

Universe 3 Kongpop 0.

As I reach out to grab the bag, P'Arthit's head swivels in my direction, and his eyes go wide. Seeing he is about to say something, I turn and walk out before he can speak to me, acting like I hadn't seen him there.

Universe 4 Kongpop 0

Returning to my room, I slump down at my table. I am actually in shock. I deliberately ignored him. Even if he hated me, snubbing him as a senior would have surely provoked him to call me out on it. Hate or no. He is all about respect. He didn't say a thing. I guess I am just nothing to him now.

Taking out my food, I look over at my suit hanging on my closet door. I have had this argument for days now. Should I go or should I not. Being co-code members, I know he will be there. Besides, he is friends with P'Tum and P'Fon. So I shouldn't go. Both of us will be uncomfortable. But I was invited by his seniors and my fellow code and co-code members. Not going would be rude. So I should go.

I glance at his window, trying to decide what to do. Honestly, I know I will go. I don't want to be rude to my seniors. For that fact alone, I will go. No matter how much it is going to hurt seeing him there. I also know I will keep having this internal debate until I go.

Beginning to eat, I notice his curtains moving. I guess he is eating. I look across my table and remember that one time we ate together here in my dorm. It was so nice, and I was so happy. Then. Sighing, I take one more look in his direction before pulling my curtain closed.

Should I go or should I not? I know.

Universe 5 Kongpop 0

Wad's POV

Walking down the corridor to the examination room, I keep trying to think of a reason to ask P'Prem not to come in with me that he wouldn't find weird. I know I will have to take off my shirt, and I am not ready to show him. I don't want him to hate me or think I am disgusting. I don't want to lose him. When had he become this important to me?

We step into the room, and the nurse instructs me to remove my shirt and steps out to call the doctor. I look up at P'Prem as I hesitate to take off my shirt.

"Hey, N'Wad," P'Prem says as he scratches the back of his head. "I am going to wait outside. Is that ok?" He must have caught on that I was uneasy taking off my shirt in front of him.

"Sure, that is fine," I say, grinning at him. "I am not a kid. I will be ok." Thank you, P'Prem.

He smiles at me and leaves the room. I wait a bit before I take off my shirt to make sure he won't walk back in. Once I remove my shirt, I sit on the examination table to wait for the doctor. Making sure my back is facing the wall. I am not happy exposing my back to the nurse and doctor either, but it can't be avoided. It always raises questions that I don't want to answer.