A Grandmother's Fallen Tears

The night before Sai told grandma what he planned without telling her. I was hoping she would be upset with him, but tis' not so. She is instead super excited to meet my family that she went to bed super early to get ready for tomorrow, without doing a few things first. So, last night Shu, Sai, and I put away all the stuff from the festival then helped grandma and aunty put things out. She even told aunty what was going to happen and she was happy. Uncle was apperantly already asleep and I am jealous.

After the midnight scuttle, I finally hit the bed and was out. Sadly it felt like no time went by before I was being waken again by Shu dragging me out of bed. I was confused until my side scratched something in the floor.  Trying as hard as I could, I tried to wiggle out of his hold which did nothing but give me a massive wedgie. Surrendering, I let him drag me to my doom.

That is how I ended up being dragged to the breakfast table, my shirt long gone because Shu yanked me so hard my sleep shirt came off. Luckily I sleep with a sports bra on when I am not home. When we got to the table, the bum just dropped my legs.

Sitting up I saw the look my famoly was giving me. I glared at Shu and he just shrugged. "Hey, it's not my fault you wouldn't wake up."

"That's funny, since I am a pretty light sleeper. You could have just called my name and I usually wake up." I said glaring at him.

"Well, I will remember for next time." Then he shoved a sausage into his mouth.

Shaking it off, I started eating breakfast. Then got ready for today.

~~~~~

They are suppose to be here any moment now, so my aunt and grandmother has me running around put out some last minute things. Currently I am on the way back from the bath house when I hear tires coming up the drive. Releasing a sigh and a prayer, I walk towards the front of the house to greet my family.

Once in front of the house I straighten my yukata and stand beside my cousin's making a Rei sandwich. Grandmother, my aunt and uncle stand in front of us to greet our guests for the evening. Slowly the cars comes to a stop in front of the inn and slowly cars turn off and they start leaving the car. We all bow like Grandmother instructed us.

"Welcome to our inn. Please remember that any family of Amaryllis, is our family." Grandmother said smiling. "Let's go inside and we can have introductions over some tea."  We wait until the Asahina clan is inside before we follow after with Sai last.

Making ourselves comfortable, my aunt and I had out the tea. "Well it is a pleasure for you to invite us into your inn. We are more than happy to see how well Remi is doing" Masaomi said taking the lead as the oldest.

"Thank you, to you for letting Amaryllis come and meet us. It has been a real pleasure to get to know her and be able to see my daughter once again." Grandmother said bowing low to them. 

I quickly get up from my spot and kneel by my grandmother. After only being here for a little bit, I know that she is a really emotional person and is more than likely crying. Softly placing my hand on her back, I can feel that she is trembling and barely audible whimpers leaves her lips. Not wanting to cry either, I go in front of her so we are head to head.

Barely speaking over a whisper so me and her are the only ones to hear. "Grandma, now that you have met me, I will never stay away from you or aunty as well. Your stuck with me from now till ever." She slowly looks up to me.

"It is only fair our sisters meets their family prior to us. We are thirteen in total, so we understand the importance of family." Ukyo said this time.

I wipe some of Grandmother's tears and she sits back up. I scoot closer to her and fix some hair that fell out of her. My grandmother grabs my hands and place them on her cheeks. Looking at her eyes, they are filled with gratitude and grandmotherly love. She smiles and kisses the palms of my hands. I smile and give her a kiss on the forehead. 

Smiling, I rest my forehead on hers and smile, while looking into the eyes which my mother once held.