Are We Related?

Class finished early today which is good because sound check starts up in an hour.  Everything has been going pretty well and I have no complaints. Since I work for the symphony, I basically fill in where ever they need me. Luckily the music that we are playing, I have played before it's just I have to remember all these different instruments for the piece.

Skating to the music hall, I use the back entrance and put my things away in the changing room. Once everything is away, I head out onto stage and see that I am here pretty early. Using this time, I go ahead and practice. Going to the little lockers we have behind stage, I unlock mine and pull out my binder.

With binder in hand, I grab an extra trombone and make sure it is the baritone trombone. After everything is set I begin to play. Looking at the score in front of me, I try to memorize the piece and play. By the time I am done, I see that more people have came in.

Putting everything away, I stand off to the side and see where the conductor would like me to be for today. Once everyone is seated, he tells me to do percussion today. Walking over there, I greet the others who are also doing percussion as I take a seat at the drums. The conductor then said that when it is time for performance, I will play drums because the drummer is out due to an illness.

Then we begin to play. We go over 3 songs that will be played at the concert. The first one is System of A Down, Sonne, and Nirvana. I personally like this set that we have. When practice is done, we stay after to discuss some upcoming things. Apparently everyone, but me, has to be at a mandatory training. The only reason I'm not told to go is because I'm technically only an intern.

With everyone leaving, I stay behind and check my phone. Ema just texted telling me to meet her some where. Confused I quickly reply and type in the location she wants to meet me at. Putting on my headphones, I listen to the directions. When I make it there, I see that we are in front of an office building. Rolling up, I hop off and pick up my board.

Looking around I see Ema staring at a piece of paper. Walking up to her I lightly touch her shoulder as she jerks away from my touch. I frown and look at her. She thrusts the piece of paper in my hand and I slowly take it from her. Reading it over, I see that it says that we are adopted by Rintarou. Handing it back to her and she looks at me.

"Did you know?" Ema asked.

I shake my head. "No, but it does make sense." I looked up into her eyes.

She steps back from me. "What do you mean?"

"I-I, do you remember when we were younger and we would ask him about a mother and he would always push it aside." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"That doesn't matter, anything else you can think of?" She said raising her voice a little louder each time.

"How about the fact that every time a doctor would ask medical history, Dad would push that aside to." I told her holding my board closer to my chest.

"Why are you trying to protect him?" She said screaming.

"I'm not Chii, you have to. . . ." She interrupted me.

"Are you even my real sister? Why haven't you ever told me about what you thought about?" She said with furious tears streaming down her face.

"Chii, you ha. . . . " I couldn't finish my sentence because I was getting misty eyed as well.

"Don't call me Chii. Leave me alone for a while Remi." She ran off in one direction and I had no will to follow her.

Wiping my tears, I stand there and look off in the direction she left in. I begin walking in an unknown direction. Not knowing what to do I just walk in one direction and follow my feet. For the first time in a while, I listen to the sounds of the city around me. It's beautiful.

The sounds of life and energy float through the air. After a while I start hearing a certain pattern that creates a harmony that matches my feelings.  I'm probably delusional but music heals as well as any medicine.

By the time I actually look around my surroundings, I see that I am by the music hall. I pull out my phone and type in the address for the condo, when my phone rings. It says it's Louis, answering his call I hear alot of talking on that side of the phone.

"Remi, it's you. Hold on let me put it on speaker." I don't say anything as I wipe a tear off my cheek.

"Don't." I said.

"Where are you and Ema? We tried getting a hold of Ema but we can't. Are you two together?" I let out a sob, as I try to cover my mouth.

"What's wrong? Where are you? Rei-chan please say something. We are. . . ."Before he could finish his ramblings I interrupt him.

"I'll be home." I hang up the phone and finish typing the location on my phone.

Listening to the directions, I ride home. Even though I can barely see anything, this is the fastest way. On the way back it started raining so you couldn't tell apart my tears from the rain. When I roll up to the Residence, Louis and a few of the brothers are standing outside. I hop off of my board, forgetting about it and throw myself into Louis' arms.

He tenses up for a second then relaxes. When I feel his arms wrap around me I break down and start full on sobbing. He says nothing as he leads me into the house. When walking he pauses for a second then continue into the elevator. I think he was talking to a brother but I don't care. 

In the elevator he starts to soothe me by stroking my hair and shushing me. I turn my face slightly and look to see Kaname is here as well. He has a worried look on his face, I quickly turn my face and hide in Louis' shirt. When we step out of the elevator, I hear some more speaking but I block it all out as we sit on the couch.

Curling up into his side I press my face into his arm and cry some more. We stay like that for a bit until I feel a blanket draped around me. Slowly looking up, I keep my cheek pressed up against Louis. I see some of the guys has a pink face, confused I sit up properly and wipe my face with the sleeve of my cardigan. Sitting up I keep my side right by Louis as I look at the brothers in front of me.

Louis asks, "Do you know where Chii is?" I shake my head no.

They sigh in distraught as Ukyo walks into the living room with Masaomi behind him.

"It's alright, she is with Natsume right now." Ukyo said as everyone let's out a sigh of relief. 

"Now, are you alright Remi? Do you need anything?" Masaomi said as he felt my head.

I shake my head no as he pats my head. "You're probably tired, you need rest and some fluids." He says.

"I have tea right here." Ukyo says as he hands Masaomi the cup. I sit up and take the cup from his hands and sip from the cup.

"Are you alright Remi?" Kaname asks.

I nod my head, then I shake my head and do an "iffy" gesture. Since my cardigan is soaked, I place the cup down then peel off my cardigan. Louis helps me and I hear a sharp intake of breath. Confused I look up to see Masaomi as red as a tomato, looking down I see that wearing white on a rainy day with a lacy bra as a bad idea. Especially if it is RED.

Quickly covering my chest with the blanket I look up and see the brothers coming to their senses. Wrapping the blanket securely around me, I run up stairs. Turning around I bow to the brothers and head to the elevator.