Birthday Party

Once I am home, I head to the elevator. Arriving on the 5th floor, I carry all my things down the stairs. Putting my things on the couch I take the cake and put it in the fridge. While I was taking out the ingredients for the food, I heard someone come into the kitchen. Peaking my head out I see that it is Subaru.

Holding the vegetables in my arms I place them on the counter. Walking over to the cupboard that has the balloons, I take them out and hand them to Subaru. Handing the bag of balloon's I go back to the vegetables and wash them. 

Since, I don't know how to really cook, I just wash them. By the time I have all of the veggies washed, Ukyo appears.

"Oh, are you going to help me cook?" Ukyo asked to which I took my phone out.

Sorry, but I am actually a bad cook. I just thought that I could help you out by prepping the veggies.

"Well, thank you. I appreciate the help." Ukyo said.

I nod as I leave it to him. Walking by Subaru, I take an unopened pack of balloons and start blowing them up. Since I play alot of wood wind and brass instruments, I finish them rather quickly. Placing some in a trash bag, I place those on the side as I take the ones Subaru blew up. 

Placing them periodically around the dining room and some in the living room, I place the rest in a trash bag. Picking up my things in the living room, I take everything to my room with the trash bags. Putting away my things, I head up to Ema's room, luckily her door is open.

Emptying out the bags of balloons, I spread them through her room. Then a thought comes, more balloons. Going back up stairs, I blow the rest of the balloons. Slowly the brothers start coming out of the wood work. Ukyo is in the kitchen making dinner. Iori, Wataru, and Subaru are setting up the table. The triplets are getting the presents together. Yusuke and Kaname are making space for the dancing area. Fuuto and Hikaru are doing nothing. Then Masaomi is setting up the music system. 

I stop blowing balloons for a second and end up toppling over onto the couch. Slowly, I get up and sit there. Once my senses are back together, I text Louis and tell him to come home. After sending the text, I walk in a crouched position over to Masaomi. It doesn't work as I end up tripping over my feet and landing on Natsume. 

Ouch.

"Are you alright Remi?" Azusa asked as he helped me up.

I nod yes and crawl over to Natsume. I tap him on his shoulder and he looks at me. Quickly typing out if he's alright, he says, "I'm fine, but you be careful." He pats my head as I nod.

"What made you trip anyway?" Tsubaki asked as he crouched beside me.

"It could be all of these balloons that she's been filling." Masaomi said as he picked up a balloon.

"All of these?" The triplets ask.

Looking around there is quite a few balloons. I just nod then quickly type out.

Ema and Louis are on their way home.

Everyone kicked into gear as I laid on the ground hiding myself in the balloons. I have basically no air in my lungs. Sitting there, I hear people yell out Happy Birthday. Staying here, I decide if they really want to know where I am, they will ask. 

"Thank you everyone, how did you know that it was my birthday?" Ema asked.

"Rei-chan asked for our help today and here we are." Tsubaki said.

"She said she wanted to do something special since this is your first birthday here. As well as, she hasn't been able to celebrate your birthday with you." Masaomi said.

"I knew something was up. Louis wouldn't allow me to go home." Ema said.

"Sorry Chii, but Rei-chan asked if I could keep you away from the house while they were putting this together." Louis said.

"By the way, were is Remi?" Ukyo asked.

"Yeah, last I saw her was when she was sitting by Natsume." Azusa said.

"That girl is real bothersome." Fuuto said.

"Could she have gone to the restroom?" Yusuke asked.

"But then she would have passed us Yusuke." Hikaru said exasperated.

Having enough of this I crawl towards the stairs where they are all standing. Sitting down no one has noticed me.

"Wouldn't be funny if she just appeared out of no where?" Yusuke said laughing.

Typing on my phone, I say.

Be careful, what you wish for.

They turn around and see me sitting on the ground, smiling. Before Ema could say anything, Ema tackles me in a hug.

"Thank you Onee-chan for remembering my birthday." She says against my chest.

I smile and pat her head. When she sits up, I pull out her present that was in my back pocket. It is a velvet pink box with a brown ribbon on the outside. She looks at it before she takes the box.

"What is it?" She asks.

I shake my head and smile. She slowly opens the box and sees the locket. Taking it out of the box, she admires the outside. Slowly taking it from her hand, I open up the locket. The inside has a picture of the whole family inside. Covering her mouth she looks up at me. Wiping the little tear that escaped her eye, I whispered what I had inscribed on the inside.

"Family is bound not by blood but by love." We hug each other.

When we break apart, we look to the brothers and smile at them. The rest of the evening was quite enjoyable. Everyone ate, laughed, and enjoyed themselves. Over all it was a birthday that Ema will remember with our new brothers.