My Maternal Family

With bag in hand and an arm interlocked with my grandmother we made our way to the house. I was a bit confused as to where we were going because all that grandmother talked about was the shrine. She made it sound as if they lived at the shrine with my cousins, aunt and uncle.

Walking down the road a bit we turn down a dirt path and walked. It was a pretty quite walk and a comfortable silence settled over us. On the walk I admired the local greenery and the wildlife around us. There wasn't that much wildlife except for the occasional bug or a rabbit. After sometime we cleft the dirt path and stopped. Looking ahead there was a cute little inn that looked well placed in the meadow. 

"This is home." Grandmother said as she urged us forward.

Approaching the building we went around to the side which is still connected to the Inn but was the private family area. This is my first time being to a traditional Japanese home and it is quite an eyesight. Taking off my shoes, I slipped on some slippers with my Grandmother and we headed towards my room.

Once putting away my bag and suit case we make our way to the main room. Walking that way we enter a door and sit at a table in the middle of the room. I sit on one side as Grandmother sits on the other. When we start getting comfortable, the same door we came through opens again and a middle aged woman comes in holding a tray. 

Once she turns around, her eyes fall on me. Rushing to the table, she places the tray down and immediately takes me into her arms. Confused I sit there until I realize what has happened and I slowly wrap my arms around her giving her a pat. Grandmother laughs lightly at seeing my face, then she taps the woman on her shoulder.

"Dear, I think you startled your niece." Grandmother says trying to hold back her laughter.

The lady looks startled and slowly backs away. "I'm so sorry my dear. That was a bit abrasive, please forgive me."

Waving it off, I reply. "No worries. It's nice to meet you though. I take it you are my Aunt." I say sitting properly and smiling at her.

"Yes I am. Your mother was my older sister and you look so much like her." She says as she lightly touches my cheek.

"My name is Amaryllis but I go by Remi. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said.

"My name is Ayame Takashima. Please excuse your Uncle, he is currently away and your cousins are still at Uni." She said as she was filling the cups with tea.

"How old are my cousins?" I asked.

"They are both 19 right now. I married before your mother did and so that's why they are older." She said handing me a cup.

"Interesting, I'm 19 as well but my birthday is in October. So I will be 20 this year. Will my cousins be turning 20 soon."

"Yes, actually there birthday is next week and just in time when they are suppose to be coming home." My aunt said with a smile.

"How fun." I replied.

"What are you like dear?" Grandmother asked after we had a sip of the tea.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well, what do you like to do for fun?" She asked.

Thinking about it, I try to think of something. "I like music and dance." I thought for a bit then said. "I also love American Comic's, so I read those alot." 

"Sound's like you will get along well with your cousins. One likes music and the other likes comics. Oh, I can't wait for you to meet them." My Aunt said happily. 

"That will be nice. All of my grandchildren getting along together. I can't wait for them to be here." Grandmother said with a soft smile on her face.

"It's nice to get the chance to meet you." I said with a smile on my face as well.

My Aunt reaches her hand across the table and takes my hands in her's. Looking her in the eye's, she gives me a small smile as her eyes tears up. "We should be saying that dear. You just being here shows that your Mother can keep a promise even when she is not here. Thank you for finding us." She says.

"Your Mother was one that always had to keep her promises no matter what. Who knew she would keep her promise for us to be able to see you." My Grandmother softly laughed under her breath. "Your Father was horrible about keeping promises, according to your Mother."

"Can you tell me more about them?" I asked looking at them hopefully.

"Certainly, but you must be tired. Go ahead and rest, we will get you when dinner is done." My Grandmother said.

To be honest, it really is nice to meet them. Then maybe I might learn more about my parents.

A/N: Really Sort Chapter but it came out before August.

Before you say ANYTHING I NEVER specified which August. This could have came out July 30, 2020.

Anyway, here it is.

Sorry to All of Those who had much hope for it to be sooner but hey, LIFE IS A JNDFIUFNVNMIMOE49JNEN 

Yeah.......

Loves and Kisses even if you don't want it.

Nanibean