Healing A Wound

I couldn't sleep last night. Even though I knew Ema was safe, I couldn't get the words she said to me out of my mind. At about 5 in the morning I got dressed in black high waist shorts, red cami under a back button up that is tucked in and has the bottom two buttons closed. Putting my converse on and sliding on my belt, I leave my hair down and ruffle it. After my hair is situated to one side of my head, I pin it back with some bobbie pins. Grabbing my back pack, phone, and watch I head out.

Since I have no classes today and I don't want to be home right now I decide to go to the park. Finding a place to sit and be hidden from the public, I sit in a little grove of trees right by the lake. I sit here tossing stones into the water. 

Sitting here I don't know what to think. I mean the only thing that I share similar to dad is our hair color. Even then, there are a ton of people with my hair color. Then Ema, at least she didn't say that she hated me. But, she might as well have considering the way I am feeling. Even then, Ema and I don't act or look a like. I mean we do look like family, but more like cousins, especially with my blue eyes.

After a while, my stomach growls. Ignoring it, I continue to sit there and enjoy my pity party. Eventually my stomach cramps up and I fall over and clutch it.\

Reluctantly, I get up and walk out of the hidden resting area. Looking out at the water I see people, well couples, out on the water with row boats or other such things. Turning back to the path in front of me, I walk around and I see a food cart. Walking over, I grab something light with a drink and head back to my little hide out.

When I arrived there, I look out and see someone that looks like Louis with Juli on their shoulder out on the water. I just shake my head and sit down. Nibbling on my food, I decide to pull out my phone and said the guys an email.

After some time out, I head back home seeing that it is the afternoon now. Walking along, I add a skip and a hop here and there while listening to the music of the town. An occasional hip roll, bump, and twirl I make it home. Mot sure if Ema is home, I mean I haven't gotten any news about anything since last night.

Pushing that to the back of my mind, I make may way to the elevator. The time right now is mid day so no one should be home. It may sound weird but I am still not fully comfortable around my new brothers, that's why I wear such bulky clothes. 

Making my way to the stairs, I hear chatting. Not wanting to be seen, I sneak around but I hear Ema's voice. Chancing a glance I see Ema. Unsure of what to do, I take cautious steps. Slowly the voices stop as I near the steps. Paying attention to one figure in the room, I look to her as I stand at the steps.

Holding the railing, slowly I take the steps down. When I am half way down, she calls out to me.

"Rei-nee, I'm sorry for what I said yesterday. It must have been news to you as well and I acted selfishly. I only thought about myself at the time but never realized that we were both left in the dark. It doesn't matter if we are not blood related you are still me sister and I . . . ." Before Ema could finish her statement.

"Stop." I said still looking at her.

I make my way towards her and stop in front of her. "Did you read what the message says on the locket I gave you?"

She shakes her head no.

"'Family is bound not by blood but by love.' No matter what, I still love you Chii, your my baby sister after all." I said smiling at my sister.

Before I could think, I was tackled to the ground in a hug. "Ema, careful." I feel my shoulder dampen, sitting up I look at her and see her crying. 

"I'm sorry." She said over and over again. I laugh and hug her tight. Kissing her forehead, I hug her till she calms down.

After a bit, we separate and she sits up. I wipe a tear away with my finger and smile at her. Looking at the brothers, I stand up and offer her a hand. Once steady, I stand there.

"I guess a proper introduction is in order. 'Hello, my name is Remi Hinata and I am your sister. Please take care of me.'" I bow to them and rise.

Glancing at the brothers that are there, some of them are surprised and then there was Louis. He smiles and walks over to me.

"It's nice to hear you speaking to everyone." Louis says as he pats my shoulder.

"Yay, we can here nee-chan's voice again." Wataru shouts at.

"It's nice to hear you voice Remi." Ukyo said.

"I agree, our little sister is now comfortable with us." Masaomi said agreeing to Ukyo.

"Every bud blooms in it's own time." Iori said.

"Yeah." Subaru said flustered.

I lightly laugh and scratch the back of my head and pop out one hip. "Sorry, at least I am more comfortable around you guys like Masa-nii said." Looking up at the male he has a light blush and smiles.

"Well, do you mind helping me with dinner Rei-chan?" Ema asked.

"I can't cook but I can help with something." I laugh walking to the kitchen until I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Wait, Remi." Turning around I face Louis.

Tilting my head, I look at him and wait. He brings up a hand that has, "A daffodil, thank you Louis."

I lift my arms and give him a hug around his neck. Standing on pointe, I peck his cheek. Once flat on the ground I smile to him and leave to help Ema with a daffodil in hand.