My Summer Plans

We were all sitting in the living room enjoying the evening. Then Kaname came into the room pretty fast. When he reached us, he pulled out a flier and showed it to all of us.

"Are you tired of the constant exams, well look here. Since the summer plans was cancelled, here is another option." He said as Yusuke took the flier.

"What is this about?" Yusuke asked looking at the flier.

"It's a festival that we are holding at the temple." Kaname said sitting by Yusuke.

"This seems interesting." Ema said looking at the flier with Yusuke.

"It's something we put on every year. How about we speak words of enlightenment together, all evening." Kaname responded.

"You can be a man of righteousness or a man of the night, but not both." Ukyo hit Kaname with a skillet.

"That's enough, but that sounds good." Masaomi said.

Azusa grabbed the flier from Yusuke and said, "I thought it sounded familiar. Don't we have a vacation home near here?"

"You're right we can stay there and attend the festival. I think it's settled, we are going to the festival. I will let everyone know and we will see who can make it." Masaomi said.

"Masa-nii." Ukyo said.

"Kaname," Kaname looked at Masaomi. "Good idea."

"Yay, we are going to the festival." Wataru said.

"This sounds fun, who is able to make it." Those in the room started raising there hands.

While this was going on, I had my head phones on; and was listening to music while working on my assignment for when classes get back in session. I had to make an original score for a scene that we are suppose to make. The ideas are done and now I just have to put my thoughts into action.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder, but I wasn't sitting properly so I ended up toppling over. I prefer to not sit properly on furniture. On the ground I quickly sit up and take off my head phones. Looking at them, I push the hair out of my face and say,

"Pause, rewind and repeat." I said.

"Rei-neechan, do you want to go with us to a festival?" Ema asked me, I hop over the couch and sit down cross legged.

"Sure, when is it?" I asked.

"It's in two weeks." She said.

I frowned and scratched my cheek. "I can't go. Sorry, I am leaving tomorrow and won't be back until three weeks from now."

She frowned, and before she could say anything Azusa spoke up. "Wait, where are you going?"

"I don't remember the exact location but I'm meeting some people." I said.

"That's right and I am taking you to the station tomorrow." Masaomi said, nodding his head.

"Wait, you knew!?" Yusuke yelled.

"Well, yeah. I have to tell someone where I am going or there might be a lost persons case on our hands. Plus, he is the oldest so it makes the most sense to tell him." I said popping my knuckles.

"I'm kind of hurt that you didn't want to tell at least myself imouto." Kaname said faking a pout.

"If you want, physical pain can take away the pain of emotional ones for a little bit." I said casually picking at my nails.

"Rei-chan, when did you become so violent?" Ema asked shaking her head.

"Now there is a difference between action and words. If you'll excuse me, I have to go finish packing." I stood up and grabbed my things. Walking up the steps, I head into the elevator and go to my room.

The next morning I woke up at about 6 and prepared my things so I could leave. Today I chose to wear denim shorts with a pink blouse and a light gray 3/4 sleeve blazer. With my black converse on, I pin my hair into a half-up-do. Grabbing my back pack and suitcase, I check one more time to see of I have everything then off I went.

Masaomi was in the lobby waiting for me. When I got out of the elevator we greeted each other and he took my bag. Heading to his car, we got in and headed off. Our conversation was light and easy about out every day lives. It was nice and comforting. When we arrived to the station Masaomi, waited with me until my train came.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Masaomi turned to face me. "Ukyo made this for you last night. It's some food with snacks and drinks." He handed a medium sized bag.

Taking it from his hand, I smile to him. "Tell him thank you from me. Also, thanks for bringing me this morning." I said.

"It was no problem, besides it was on my way to work." He smiled. "Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for." He said looking at me sincerly.

"Me too. Thank you for not telling the other's. I want to know for myself first before I could tell them. It sounds weird considering we are family, but I don't want everyone to get there hopes up and we all feel bad if nothing comes out of it." I said looking out at the bustling crowds.

"It's alright. Plus, you just found out yourself so of course it will be a bit disorienting." Masaomi said patting my head.

I wiggle away from his hand and smooth out my fringe. "Well, if anything comes of it, I'll let you know." I picked my suit case in one hand with my lunch in the other.

"Be safe now and call if you need anything." He said as he quickly embraced me. Startled I freeze up a bit. "Oh, sorry."

I was about to say something, but my train pulled up. I started walking when Masaomi called out again. "I hope you are able to find your family."

I look back and smile before walking to the train.