Some Family Problems

After leaving the living room I went down to my room and got things to take a bath. Gathering my clothes and bathing supplies, I started heading to the family bath. The elevator ride and such was no hassle, same with the shower. It gave me time to think over all the things that has happened today. 

When I was done, I gathered all of my things and walked out. Passing by where the brothers are I suddenly stop and listen to what they are saying. I don't mean to eaves drop but they said my name.

"What do you think is wrong with Rei-chan?" Louis asked.

"I don't know, but why wouldn't she tell us what happened to Ema?" Yusuke shouted.

"What do you mean idiot?" Fuuto said back.

"If you paid attention, when Ukyo said that Natume found her, she acted like nothing happened." Yusuke explained.

"That does make sense, almost like she knew she ran." Hikaru said.

"That can't be so, she would tell us." Kaname was trying to defend me.

"Tell us, she doesn't even speak. All she does is click away on that phone, she never even speaks to us." Subaru yelled.

"She has her reasons." Louis who knows partly why for my silence was trying to ease his brothers.

"She does speak." Wataru shouted.

"Oh really, then why does she never speak to us. She is probably hiding the real reason as to why Ema ran." Tsubaki said sternly.

"Tsubaki, you can't blame it all on Remi." Azusa said in a calm manner.

"No, he has a point. She is hiding something, but I am not going to force her to say anything." Ukyo said slowly picking out his words.

"What do you mean Kyo-nii?" Iori asked.

"Her body language during the ordeal, it never changed." Ukyo said.

"It could be from shock because of everything." Masaomi said using his logic.

"Whatever it may be we will never know until we talk to the girl." Hikaru said.

"It doesn't matter, she could have helped her sister or us and she did not." Tsubaki shouted.

"Yeah, besides what has she really done for us. She could just be here for her own gain and never help any of us out." Yusuke says.

"She never leaves her room, she probably doesn't even like us." Fuuto said adding gasoline to the fire.

"Everyone has their own reaons." Louis said.

"Do you know what, let's see if she would explain the situation more to us? How. . . . " Before Masaomi could finish his thoughts, I took off my house slippers and crept down the emergency stairs.

I make it to my floor and quickly go to my room before any of the brothers make it here. Not wanting to answer their questions, I decide to grab the erhu and run outside. On the way out to the emergency stairs I heard the elevator open and a few voices. Closing the door softly, I make it up to the roof and climb on a bench that is placed up there.

Sitting there, I take out my erhu and begin to play. While I was playing, I thought about past memories. From the first time that Ema and I went to the beach when we were children. Occasionally traveling with father and the stories he would tell us of his adventures. Us taking care of each other when we were younger and how we never found fault with father. All we wanted when we were younger was to be a family.

How when I was first scouted by the school, it was at a Junior Competition for musical prodigies. At the beginning I never won and people thought it was dumb that I was selected to compete every year. It made no sense for a child that wasn't good at playing instruments to be in a competition for gifted children. Until the day I heard a erhu, I fell in love with it and wanted to learn how to play. 

I still wasn't very good, but when I heard the harpsichord the same thing happened. Once I learned those how to the play the piano and erhu others just came naturally to me once I turned 6. Then when I was 9 I was scouted by the school because they never heard of a person to learn instruments so fast.

When they told me that they wanted me to attend school with them I was all for it, until I found out where the school was. I refused to go because I never wanted to leave Chii alone. Father thought it was a good idea to broaden my horizons, but all I wanted was Chii. What I told her when she said why I wanted to attend was because of the harpsichord. Which was a positive factor but what made me change my mind was when Ema said that she would be fine.

Ema told me that I loved music and that I needed to properly learn how to love music. That we could still communicate together and celebrate together, but that we still had a lot of growing to do. That she wanted to find the thing that she loves the most and to follow it like I did with music. Believe it or not but that is what I learned from my kid sister.

When I was done playing, I felt something touch my cheek. I look in that direction and see Louis. He wraps a blanket around me, as I stare at his face. When he looks into my eyes, I see warmth and slowly I fall into his arms.

"What are you thinking Rei-chan?" He asked.

"That many things happen and I have no control over them." I said under my breath.

The words that left my lips, were spoken so softly that they possibly were carried away by the wind. 

"Then why do you cry about the things you have no control over?" He said wrapping an arm around me.

Surprised that he heard me I sit up and look at him. He smiles as he touches my face smearing a cool substance across my cheeks. I look away and wipe my cheeks, when something crosses my eye sight.

Looking up I see all of my brothers standing there. They look at me with an array of emotions that I don't want to place. Slowly, I turn around and stand up from the bench. Holding my erhu close to me, I turn around and face them. Keeping my head down, I bow to them and cling onto my erhu. The one thing that can give me comfort right now.

Slowly I stand straight again and walk pass them. Walking down the stairs I go to my floor and place my erhu by my bed. I lay in bed and am about to pull up the covers when I feel a piece of fabric. Slowly moving the blanket, I see that it is the blanket Louis put on me.

Taking the blanket off, I look at the fabric. Not sure what to do, I place the fabric close to my chest and pull up the covers. Slowly I fall asleep with the faint scent of Louis as the final thought before my eyes close.