Six

~ 3 months later

It has been three months since Calum, Luke and Ariana moved into their new house. Michael, Luke, Calum and Ashton have been pretty good friends- not like old times though. There would be awkward silence from time to time. They never know what to do anymore.

"Ariana?" Calum called Ariana from the kitchen.

"Coming daddy!" Ariana answered looking through her school bag to check if she has everything.

Last month was Ariana's birthday and she just turned seven. Since they had enough money to pay for her school, they got her into a school and a bus would be taking her there.

Ariana put her bag on her shoulders and started skipping her way to the kitchen.

"Hi daddy!" She squeaked.

"Hey baby. Are you ready to go to school?" Luke asked as he put Ariana's cheese sandwich in her lunch bag.

Calum picked Ariana up and got a squeak from her and Calum laughed.

"Yes! I'm very ready daddy!" Ariana said excitedly.

"Good!" Calum and Luke said in unison and smiled afterwards.

They all three heard a beep, knowing that the bus has arrived.

Luke gave her her lunch bag that contained a cheese sandwich, orange juice and water.

Calum put Ariana back on the ground and kissed her cheek,"Take care, okay?"

"Okay," Ariana nodded and skipped to the bus.

Luke smiled at her and turned to face Calum so now they were face-to-face.

"So, tomorrow will be your first day at your job, right?"

Last week Calum went job hunting and he finally found a job; as a cashier in a market. It's the best he could find in all of the jobs that were available. He's pretty good in maths anyway.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty nervous of how it'll go," Calum answer slyly.

"You'll do great babe," Luke said and stepped forward.

He pecked Calum's lips and said, "It's six am."

Calum laughed and said, "I know, wanna go to bed?"

Luke nodded and they both went upstairs and to bed.

"Daddy!" Ariana shouted from downstairs, crying.

They didnt hear her, they were too busy sleeping.

She started running upstairs hurriedly.

Once she reached, she stood on her tip-toes to open the door. She twisted the knob and went in.

"Daddy!" She shouted and hopped on the bed, tears streaming down on her face.

"Ari, baby, what's wrong?" Luke said as he sat on the bed.

Ariana stood up on the bed and went to her daddy's arms, cuddling to him.

"Luke?" Calum said and yawned.

Luke ignored him and started soothing his daughter.

"Hey, what happened?" Luke said.

Ariana cried out a sob and answered, "Older kids made fun of me for having two daddy's."

"Ariana, why are you crying?" Calum said as he finally woke up.

"Oh my, Calum.." Luke said and looked down at him since he was laying on the bed and luke was sitting.

Ariana tightened her grip on him as she held his shirt, silently crying on him. Luke tightened his grip on ariana's waist.

Calum laid closer to them and laid a hand on Ariana's back and soothed,"Hey, it'll be okay."

Ariana shook her head and answered, "no dad! it won't be-" she hiccuped then continued, "-okay."

Luke looked at Calum and said,"They're making fun of her for having two dads, Calum."

Calum frowned. He never thought it would be such a problem at this age. How did the kids know anyways?

'What are we gonna do?' Calum mouthed him.

'I don't know.' Luke mouthed back with a sigh.

"They also said that you guys don't love me," she hiccuped, tightening Luke's shirt even more, almost even chocking him. But he didn't mind.

"Baby, you know that its not true, right? We love you, a lot and we never will stop, okay?" Luke kissed Ariana's forehead. "Don't let their words get to you."

"We should home-school her," Calum suggested.

"You think so? At this young age at least?"

"Well do you want her to be made fun of till she doesn't want to be our daughter anymore?"

Luke frowned. He never thought of that. Bullying will change the victims thoughts, and he doesn't want Ariana to regret being their daughter.

Luke nodded,"But-"

"But what?"

"We'll take her to school once she's thirteen."

"Okay," Calum said smiling.

Luke couldn't help but smile at that. He loves Calum's smile and whenever he smiles, luke can't help but smile back. Calum's happiness is all that matters to him.

Ariana listened to everything but she didn't understand a thing.

"What is home school daddy?" Ariana asked.

"Home school means that you will study at home instead of school," Calum answered.

Luke picked Ariana up by her waist, and laid her on his lap so she was facing luke.

He wiped away her now dried tears and asked,"Would you like to be home schooled?"

"If it means I don't have to see the kids then yes!" Ariana said and Luke hugged her.

"We'll contact the school tomorrow, yeah?" Calum nodded.

Calum was just watching them with a smile on his face, he's happy really really happy.

And little did they know things will go downhill from there.

im sorry i haven't updated in like 3 months, wow, I'm being like those annoying writers who update once a year heh sorry.

oh and my taste in this story is back so I'll be updating a lot more than usual. only on weekends, so I'll be updating mostly on Fridays or Thursdays :)

anyways, do you like this story so far? I like hearing everyone's thoughts <3