Three

Calum shrugged and threw his hands in the air. "I don't know, Luke. I don't know what you expect me to do either."

Luke sighed and said,"I should start working."

Calum shook his head and said,"No, who will look after Ariana?" Calum said.

Luke sighed,"I don't know what to do anymore either."

Suddenly the door bell rang.

"I'll get it," Luke said and went up to the door. He opened it an his worse enemy was standing there; Ashton.

Calum turned to see who it was and he stood up quickly,"What the hell are you doing here?!"

Ashton smirked and walked in but Luke stopped him, stepping in front of him. "Get the hell out of here," Luke said trying to be calm.

"Woah woah, I'm not gonna do anything. I'm just here to help," Ashton said and laughed.

"Help us with what?" Calum said, gritting his teeth.

"I'm giving you your money back and I'll give you even more," Ashton said, tone dead serious. You can say Ashton was forced to threaten Calum.

"We don't want your money, Ash...ton," Luke quickly corrected himself. Him and Ashton were best friends in high school, they were really close.

Actually, Ashton introduced Luke and Calum. But then Ashton ended his relationship with Luke for some (still) unknown reasons.

Ashton shrugged, he knew he would have to get rough. "Look, you either let me help, or I call DSS and get them to take Ariana away."

"What's your problem, Ashton? Why do you wanna ruin this family?" Luke said, tears forming in his eyes.

For a second Ashton wanted to apologize but he knew he shouldn't,"I just wanna help. Should I call the DDS or will you let me help?" Ashton asked, knowing exactly what the answer would be.

Calum moved Luke out of this way, pushing Ashton back,"You wouldn't dare. You leave my child out of this, and you get out of here."

Ashton smirked, he had to help them. They would suffer in poverty if he didn't. "Money or no more Ariana?"

Calum gulped and said,"What the hell do you want Ashton?!" Calum shouted, he raised his fists and was about to punch Ashton but Ashton's hand stopped him.

"I want to help," Ashton said.

Luke laughed and stepped in, "We don't need your help Ashton."

Ashton began to back away, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket,"DSS is only a call away. I tell them that you abuse your child and never feed her. Hm, that sounds just about right."

Calum shook his head. "You're disgusting!"

Luke gave in and said, "Let him help." He couldn't loose his child, and he knew Ashton would do it because he's all rich and people would believe him.

"That's what I thought," Ashton said and closed his cellphone.

Calum looked back at Luke, then at Ashton. "Fine. You can help. But you give us the money, and leave the hell out of here. Make sure we'll never see your face."

"That works," Ashton said proudly. The thing is, Ashton was never gonna call the DDS anyway. He just wanted to help. He loves Calum and Luke too much, they've been friends since ever.

Ashton dug in his pocket and took out the check and gave it to Calum. Calum's eyes widened as he saw how much Ashton was giving them, nine thousand dollars. "Ashton, this is too much," Calum said softly handing it back to Ashton.