Forty One

Thirty minutes has passed, and there still is no sign of a doctor or nurse.

"Daddy, will you just tell me what's wrong with daddy?" Arianna annoyed him once again with that question.

When Calum didn't answer, Arianna poked his knee. "Daddy?" She whined. "Please?" She pouted.

Angrily, Calum shot his head to his left side– where Arianna was sitting. "Arianna, I don't fucking know, alright?" He yelled. "Just fucking shut up already! Your voice is giving me a fucking headache!" He pulled at his hair.

Arianna's lip quivered. She's never been yelled at before. A tear fell from her eyes and she got up from her seat and ran away from the stressed man.

Calum looked to his left and saw Arianna running away. "Fucking hell." He got up and ran after her.

"Arianna! Stop it right there!" Everyone shot their heads towards him, but he couldn't be bothered with them. Thank god they were on the 2nd floor.

Arianna tripped on her own feet and fell on her forehead, her nose probably bumping hard to the floor.

Calum's eyes widened and sprinted to her side. "Sweetheart?"

He put his arms around Arianna's neck and brought her on his lap.

When she looked up at him, Calum saw her eyes puffy and her nose red from crying and the bumping. Her forehead was red, too.

"Listen baby. Daddy is stressed right now, okay? You just need to give me space." Calum kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry for yelling at you like that. I promise it won't ever happen again, okay? I'm so sorry." He hugged her to his chest.

She sniffles and wiped her nose. "It's fine daddy. I love you."

"I love you too baby." He responded, and got up while grabbing Arianna's hand, making her get up from her feet as well.

When they walked back to their original spot, a female was sitting in Arianna's seat. He sighed. Arianna'll have to sit on his lap since it's a two seated seat.

He sat down, and pulled Arianna softly on his lap. She cuddled to him.

He noticed the female beside him shaking, and he couldn't stop himself from asking her if she's alright.

She looked up at him, and nodded. Her eyes were red and swollen. There was a cut on her forehead, and there was a bandage wrapped around her right feet up to her knee. She wiped away her tears, and answered him. "No. Not at all."

"Can I ask what happened?" He wiped away his tried tears and he hopes to god his eyes look normal and not looking like someone who has been crying for days.

"Car accident. The fucking truck came out of nowhere." She shook her head. "My girlfriend was driving without her seatbelt on— like always. God, she never fucking listens to me. Ever. She literally jumped out of the window."

Calum's face softened. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. At least you're okay."

She shrugged and leaned back on the seat. "What about you? You look like you've been crying for days."

Calum closed his eyes, and after awhile he reopened them. She was still looking at him. "My husband he's, um, pregnant and he was bleeding this morning."

"Oh shit. Bleeding is never good in pregnancy."

"Wow, thanks for that. Exactly what I needed to hear." He answered sarcastically.

She covered her mouth. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't even know why I said that. I'm so sorry."

He closed his eyes. He didn't want to talk to her anymore. "It's fine."

She didn't say anything else.

After at least ten minutes, he heard footsteps coming closer. He opened his eyes. He saw a female doctor walking towards him.

"Are you Miranda Sinhe?"

He sighed.

The girl next to him stood up straight away. "That's me."

"Follow me please."

She picked up her sticks and started walking with her.

After awhile, he heard a loud sob and shot his head to the sound. It was the girl that was sitting next to him, Miranda.

"No! You're lying!" She yelled at the doctor that asked her to follow.

"Ma'am, please calm down. We did the best we could do."

"No, shut up!" Miranda held her stomach and fell to the ground on her knees. "You're lying!" Her voice got lower. "No." And lower. She fell to the ground completely and two nurses made her way to her with a bed.

Calum held Arianna to his chest tightly. He shut his eyes tightly, not letting the negative thoughts corrupt his mind.

Luke is fine.

But no matter how many times he tried to not let the negative thoughts corrupt his mind or how tight he shuts his eyes, the only question that kindled in his brain was that whether or not that would be him in a couple of hours.

Omg I am such a shitty person I am so fucking sorry for not updating in fucking forever! I deeply apologize I was just in this massive writers block. I didn't know how I'd start this chapter or how to end it. But I just let my hands write and my brain to think and that's what they came up with! I am so fucking sorry, really. This will not ever happen again, I promise.

The next update will be in a couple of hours, so stay tuned and I hope this chapter wasn't sucky! Votes and comments are always appreciated :-))))