They Don't Love You As Much As I Do

Kongpop's POV

We are waiting outside Wad's room while he is being treated, and I keep thinking we need to tell someone about this. I pull out my phone and look at it.

"Are you going to call someone?" Aim asks, "I am worried we are going to get in trouble."

"Me, too," Oak agrees, "But as you said, it might get Ai'Wad in trouble."

It may get Wad in trouble and us, but someone besides us needs to know. On the way here, Wad had told us not to call his mom when he came to, so we didn't, but when people see him on campus, there will be questions. I have made up my mind. I dial and wait for him to pick up.

When he answers, I flinch as he barks at me, "P'Arthit, Ai'Wad is in the hospital. He was attacked." I say before he can hang up on me. "Ai'Wad is in the hospital. He was attacked in an alley. patRangsit Hospital. We don't want him to get in trouble at school. He could get kicked out. If you tell, he will get kicked out." I stare at my phone after P'Arthit hung up. What is he going to do?

"What is P'Arthit going to do?" Aim looks at me, "Is he going to tell the university?"

"I don't think so," I say hesitantly, "I don't think he will." But what will he do?

A few minutes later, we all jump when the door to Wad's room slides open.

"You can go inside now," the doctor says, "He has been asking for you."

We watch the doctor and nurse leave before we walk in.

"Are you in pain?" Oak asks when he looks at Wad.

"A little," Wad rubs his arm. "Thanks."

"What are you thanking us for?" Aim smiles, "We are friends. What we did is in the Friend Rule Book. Just don't make a habit of it."

"Did you know those guys?" I ask. "It looked like they were from our university." Wad looks away from me before he answers.

"I don't know them," Wad answers, "They just cornered me in the alley. I don't know what their deal was." I don't think Wad is telling us the whole truth, but now is not the time.

"Well, I am just glad..." Oak trails off when the door to Wad's room slams open, and a harrassed P'Prem barges in the room. How the hell did he find out? Did P'Arthit call him? P'Prem looks at Wad and then at all of us.

"Can you guys step out? I need to talk to N'Wad," The words might line up as a request, but they were an order. Aim, Oak, and I leave the room before P'Prem gets angry.

Aim and Oak looked uncertainly at the closed door and back at me.

"Ai'Kong, do you think leaving Ai'Wad and P'Prem in the same room is a good idea?" Aim finally voices. "Did you see P'Prem's face? He looked like he wanted to rage on somebody, and we just left Ai'Wad alone with him!"

"Yeah, P'Prem usually wants to kill Ai'Wad," Oak points out.

"It is fine. P'Prem won't hurt Ai'Wad," I say, looking back at the room we just left. P'Prem would never hurt Wad. Something was up with the two of them, they may be fighting right now, but today P'Prem was looking for Wad and seemed concerned. I hadn't mentioned to my friends that those two had exchanged gears even if Wad was told it was for being a senior-junior. It isn't my story. Not like I would want anyone to know, I gave my gear to P'Arthit.

The three of us turn when we hear someone running down the hall. We see Arthit coming our way, and he is muttering to himself as he is checking room numbers.

Arthit's POV

"What the hell, Ai'Prem! Seriously! Just leave me behind like nothing. Why can't you walk like a normal person? Damn fricking giant! And why are we even here!! He is here with his friends!" I grumble as I read room numbers. Where in the hell the damn room? Finally!