Episode 40~ Togetherness

Start from the beginning

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Sanyukta sat alone in the bar; tapping on her mobile. She was very much engrossed in studying the statistics of the company that she didn't realize when Randhir stood next to her. He frowned when she doesn't notice him. Then, he turned to the bartender.

Sanyukta was taken aback when a glass of wine was shoved in front of her. She turned her head and found Randhir smiling at her.

'Wine?' He offered. Sanyukta smiled and gratefully accepted the glass. She looked on as he picked up his own glass.

'Cheers.' He extended his glass. They touched the rim of their glasses and exchanged a pleasant smile.

'Such a lovely weather and romantic setting, haina?' Sanyukta looked at him. Randhir looked at her for a second before giving a small nod. He looked ahead. At a distance, there was a small make-shift stage which was decorated beautifully with balloons, roses, pink and white curtains. The center had writing in bold golden glittering letters,

YOYO AND ESTER

FOREVER

'They are such a beautiful couple.' Sanyukta sighed. Randhir looked back at her. She kept looking towards the stage; a dreamy look on her face. He extended his hand but hesitated in touching her shoulder, so he retracted his hand. Sanyukta turned her head and their gaze met. Only a minute had passed, and Tanya appeared out of nowhere. She insisted and took Sanyukta with her. Randhir watched sadly as the girls walked away. Sanyukta turned and looked at him for a second before looking away.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

The sun was setting, and the function was nearly over. Many people had left, and it was mostly the college friends who remained. Renuka had called Sanyukta several times asking her to return. She agreed but Randhir was nowhere to be found. Vidhushi had also left; she had come alone as Ankit and Kishore had some work at home.

As Sanyukta looked around for Randhir, she felt a tap on her shoulder. A familiar touch. She turned around and was relieved to find Randhir.

'Come,'- she held his arm, - 'we are getting late and mom is worried.' She tugged on his arm, but he doesn't budge. She looked at him and frowned.

'What?' She asked gesturing with her head. He kept looking at her. Her gaze fell on his other hand that he hid behind him. Before she could question him, he brought his hand to the front and raised a rose towards her. Sanyukta was stunned.

'I got this for you.' He said. She felt touched and immediately took the rose from him.

'Thanks.' She lowered her gaze momentarily and looked up at him again. They stared lovingly at each other. Then, slowly Randhir took a step. Sanyukta inhaled deeply; their gaze unmoved and took a step too. Now, they were standing close. Randhir tilted his head slightly as he admired her. Her sun-kissed face looked very lovely. She blushed slightly. He kept admiring her.

A moment later, he extended his hand and held her cheek. She closed her eyes, her lips curved into a small smile, the one which made her look gratified. Then, Randhir leaned gently touching his forehead with hers and closed his eyes. Sanyukta moved her free hand, held his arm and let out of a soft sigh. Together, they stood cherishing the silent moment of togetherness.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

'Thanks for the rose. Where did you get it from?' Sanyukta asked once they were seated in the car; Randhir drove them home.

He grinned, - 'I plucked it from the stage.' – he looked at her. Sanyukta gasped, her mouth dropped.

'You thief.' – she slapped his arm ignoring Randhir's protest, - 'I don't want anything to do with stole items.' She huffed and folded her arms angrily. He smiled.

'Then, throw it out of the window.' He suggested while pointing towards the window with his eyes. Sanyukta looked at him in disbelief. She looked at the rose and pouted.

'Leave it. I don't want the poor rose to get crushed by the passing vehicles.' She murmured.

Randhir pressed his lips tightly to suppress his giggle. Sanyukta scowled at him and looked away; smiling. He looked at her from the corner of his eyes and smiled as well.

 He looked at her from the corner of his eyes and smiled as well

Awww, Sandhir *_* They are love, aren't they

Randhir is trying to woo Sanyukta, seems like that

But will he be successful? Wil Sanyukta forgive him? Will Sandhir be together again? Stay tuned to find out ;)