Episode 8 ~ Sandhir Meet

The car stopped at the front gate of Agarwal Automobiles.

'We are here.' Harry commented. Abigail looked excitedly from her window. All the while, Randhir kept staring front. Harry and Abigail got down the car while Randhir kept sitting. Harry was about to walk towards the main gate when Abigail realized Randhir is still in the car. She turned around and knocked on the car window. Randhir was startled. He turned his head and looked out. Abigail gestured with her hand for him to come out. Randhir nodded and got down the car.

He looked up at the very familiar Factory. He had been here, worked here as an intern. His heart began to beat faster as he walked through the corridor. He looked around. Everything remained the same. He isn't worried about facing Mr. Agarwal and Ankit but he is very worried about facing Sanyukta. Her reaction. He gulped walking uncomfortably with the other two.

The end of the corridor opens into the floor where all the work is done. Randhir noticed few men standing there. Sanyukta isn't there. Randhir is relieved little also disappointed. He walked up to them. Kishore smiled widely at everyone but when his gaze fell on Randhir his smile faded. Ankit looked visibly angry when he saw Randhir. He fisted his fingers and was about to take a step when Kishore held his hand. He looked at his father and Kishore gave him a stern look. Holding his gaze, Kishore shook his head little. Frustrated, Ankit moved his hand from his father's grip. Kishore then turned to the three delegates and smiled as though nothing was wrong.

'Good morning and welcome to Agarwal Automobiles.' Kishore extended his hand and shook with Harry and Abigail. He looked at Randhir and there was a hesitance from both sides. Awkwardly, they shook hands. Ankit greeted them, not looking at Randhir, and shook hands with the two. He didn't bother shaking hands with Randhir. Harry and Abigail found it little strange but ignored it.

'Come.' Kishore turned around and gestured them to follow him. Before they could walk Kishore spotted Vikram and called him. Without wasting any time, Vikram quickly walked towards them. Kishore introduced his floor manager to the delegates. Vikram saw Randhir. And from his expressions, Randhir knew he remembers him. After the introductions, Kishore led them towards the meeting room.

As they walked towards the room Randhir looked around the floor. The machines and the workers. But what caught his attention was the female workers working here. Last, he remembered this factory had strict no female employee policy. Randhir knew how this happened.

Sanyukta - He thought with a smile.

Kishore pushed open the door and stepped aside. He gestured the delegates to enter first. Randhir felt nervous again.

Is she waiting inside? - He wondered. With his heart in his mouth, Randhir followed Harry and Abigail inside. He looked around and found few people already there. There is a woman, but she isn't Sanyukta. Randhir is confused now. He was nervous about facing Sanyukta but also wondered if she will be here or not. Kishore asked everyone to sit. Randhir followed Harry and Abigail to the seats and sat beside Abigail. He made sure he is in the corner and away from the head chair. He noted there are nameplates in front of each chair. He checked the nameplate in front of him.

Delegate 3. Oh, so they didn't know their names before. Randhir nodded and placed the nameplate back on the table.

Kishore asked Ankit to switch on the AC. He nodded and began looking for the remote. He couldn't find it and Kishore face-palmed. Harry and Abigail passed each other a suppressed smile. Randhir kept sitting with a straight face.

******************************

With each passing second, Randhir's nervousness increased. He kept tapping his fingers on the table or tapping his feet under the table. Then, Kishore said, - 'Everyone welcome my daughter, Sanyukta.'

Randhir looked up from his fingers and he saw her.

Sanyukta looked very different from the Sanyukta he had left behind two years ago. She looked classy and formal in a black pencil dress and high ponytail. Besides a red-lipstick and Kohl, she hadn't applied any make-up. Her neck was bare. She wore elegant ladies watch in one hand while the other wrist was bare. She isn't married, Randhir concluded. He hoped he looked at her forehead for confirmation. He watched her smiling at everyone as she shook hands with them. Randhir's heart began thumping as she looked away from Abigail and at him. Their eyes met. Randhir felt his heart skipped a beat. Then he noticed her smile fade away.

Sanyukta was shocked on seeing Randhir here. She hadn't expected this even in her dreams. As she was about to retract her hand. Randhir extended his hand.

'Hi.' He said, his voice shook.

'Hi.' Sanyukta said firmly. They shook hands. Even after two years, the touch of their skin together sent a familiar warmth and comfort to them. Randhir kept looking at Sanyukta with sad eyes. Sanyukta's eyes glistened with tears.

'Okay, then.' Kishore clasped his palms together with a loud clapping sound and Sanyukta and Randhir retracted their hands. Randhir looked at Sanyukta but she avoided his gaze. Quietly, she walked up to her father. Sanyukta blinked her eyes rapidly to take back her tears and then looked up facing everyone in the room. She forced a smile.

From the corner, Randhir kept looking at her as she spoke to everyone. He admired her confidence. Not only in looks but she has improved a lot in body language and speaking skills. Randhir is impressed but he is also disappointed as not once she looked at him. Even when their gaze met accidentally she looked quickly look away. But Randhir doesn't move his gaze from her, not even once.

After the oral presentation, Sanyukta asked everyone to follow her to the main floor. As Harry and Abigail got up quickly, Randhir took a second longer. Sanyukta looked at him as he stood adjusting his blazer. When he looked up, she looked away.

Why have you come, Randhir? After two years when I had finally gathered myself, you came once again to shatter my life - Sanyukta thought bitterly. She looked up and caught Randhir looking at her.

*******************************

Sandhir

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your thoughts, please *flying kisses* *smiles*