Episode 6~ India

Air India Flight stopped on the run away. Randhir cringed hearing the chattering of the passengers getting louder along with the clicking sound of their sear belts. He quickly removed his seat belt and straightened. Traveling in first class, courtesy his boss, the flight was a smooth one. He had also slept peacefully during most of the time on the flight.

'Hey, man! What a long flight.' Harry, his colleague spoke from beside him. He stretched his legs and yawned. Randhir nodded massaging his neck.

'I have never traveled for so many hours.' Abigail propped on her seat, placed her arm on the top of the seat. She rubbed the back of her neck and groaned. 'Along with my ass, my head hurts too.' She whined. Harry laughed.

'You are cute.' He said. Abigail looked at him and blushed.

'Excuse me.' Randhir spoke dryly and rose from his seat. Harry and Abigail glanced at each other and then Harry stood up.

Randhir took his laptop bag from the overhead compartment and placed the sling on his shoulder. Harry and Abigail chatted behind him which irritated him a little, but he tried blocking their voices. He is relieved when they stepped out of the plane.

India. Randhir felt the familiar smell of the country he had left behind two years ago. He felt slightly emotional. A mixed feeling. He is happy to be back again to his country, but he is also hesitant to meet Sanyukta. Strangely, the thought of her name brought a warmth to his heart. He shook his head and made his way towards the conveyer belt.

******************************************

Since they were in the business class they didn't have to wait long. Also, good thing their flight was on time.

'Man, we don't know anything around here. You got to help us.' Harry said as he along with the others dragged their luggage with them.

'Yes. It is our first time here.' Abigail added. Randhir simply nodded. They came out and looked around. James has arranged their stay and the hotel management has sent a car for them.

There were people waiting for their loved ones. Some stood with banners too. Randhir looked at them searching for anyone dressed in a driver's suit.

'There.' Abigail pointed at the crowd. Randhir and Harry looked in the direction.

Randhir is surprised to see a woman, a young girl, dressed in a driver's suit holding the banner that read, HT Automobile.

He blinked his eyes to make sure he isn't confusing the gender. He isn't mistaken.

Suddenly flashes of the fateful incident flashed before his eyes and he took a step back.

'What happened dude?' Harry is startled as Randhir's back hit him.

'I-can't-go with her.' Randhir said shaking his head. Harry and Abigail frowned.

'Why?' Abigail asked

'Don't tell me you are scared of female drivers. They can be untrustworthy.' Harry chuckled.

'Hey!' Abigail nudged him, and he winced. 'We can be amazing drivers too. Look at me, I take my son to school every day and he loves my driving more than his father's.' She said with pride.

'Whatever.' - Harry waved his hand and then placed his hand on Randhir's shoulder, - 'Come, let us not waste time. I am so exhausted.' He said and steered Randhir towards the car. Randhir had wanted to run away but Harry's grip on his shoulder was very tight.

'Hello, sir, Madam.' The young girl greeted and shook hands with the trio. Nisha, Randhir read the black nameplate on the right side of her uniform. She opened the back bonnet and helped them place the luggage inside. To Randhir's bad luck he got the passenger's seat. Harry and Abigail got little confused as they are used to the American side of driving. Nisha was polite and very calm.