Episode 22~ Sudden Surprise

Renuka: Hello! Sanyukta?

'Ye-yes, ma'am.' Sanyukta replied in daze. She heard Renuka exhale sharply on the other side.

Renuka: Okay then, tomorrow 10. Inform your father also.

Sanyukta nodded, - 'Yes.'

After that Renuka cut the call. Sanyukta stared at the screen of the phone until she was interrupted by a knock at the door. She looked up, licked her lips and turned around. She clenched her phone tightly as she opened the door.

'Sanyukta!'

Someone sounding zealous flung over Sanyukta and she was taken back. The someone held Sanyukta tightly with just one arm and with the other arm held someone soft and tiny. A baby, Sanyukta guessed. After some time, she let's go of Sanyukta and she gasped for breath.

'Hey. How are you Engineer Sahiba?'

'OMG! Kanu.'

Sanyukta smiled at Kanu who was grinning widely at her. Then, Sanyukta' gaze fell on the baby boy in her arms. The kid blinked cutely and cluelessly at Sanyukta.

'Sanyukta meet Aarav,' - Kanika looked proudly at her son and then frowned, - 'Off ho.' - she removed his tiny fingers from his mouth and he looked annoyed. Sanyukta suppressed her smile.

'Hi, Aarav.' Sanyukta said touching the top his head, his hair felt so soft and velvety. And when she moved her hand, the boy touched his head with both his hands. Kanu and Sanyukta smiled at him. After the greetings, Sanyukta gestured her to come inside.

They sat on the bed beside each other and Aarav was let to play on the mattress. He had nothing to play with, so he was playing with his hands. Kanu looked at Sanyukta and smiled seeing her admire Aarav.

'So, Sanyukta how is he?' She asked. Sanyukta looked at her and smiled.

'Very cute.'

Kanu smiled and then looked at her son briefly before looking back at Sanyukta.

'I have brought Pari too. But she is downstairs.' Kanu informed.

'Superb. I would love to meet her too.' Sanyukta replied with a smile. Kanu nodded.

'Congrats. I heard you are going to be a Bua.' She said. Sanyukta looked at her and smiled.

'Thanks.' She replied.

There was a moment of silence between the two friends, which was interrupted by the occasional cooing of Aarav. The sound of music and happy chatting was faintly audible in the room.

'It is a bliss, Sanyukta. When you hold your own baby in your arms and play with it. Whenever I look at them I feel so proud.' Kanika said with pride. She was glowing. Sanyukta smiled sadly.

'Yeah.' She replied in a soft tone. Kanika held her shoulder and Sanyukta sighed.

'Sanyukta, enough na. You achieved everything professionally now please think about your personal life. Dear, life is too long to spend it without a companion. All these achievements are nothing without someone to share it with. Come on, get married, produce babies.' Kanika explained her.

Sanyukta nodded, - 'I would love to, Kanika. Which girl wouldn't want to be settled with a man and have kids but,' - She sighed, - 'It is just not for me.' She said seriously. Her expressions told Kanika that it was the end of the discussion. So, Kanika sighed nodding her head.

To divert her mind, Sanyukta asked if she could hold the baby. Kanika readily agreed.

She smiled watching Sanyukta play with the little baby. Kanika rested her knuckles on her chin and smiled to herself.