Episode 5~ Is This Destiny?

'James, you called for me?' Randhir asked. An American man looked up from his laptop screen and nodded. James Samuels, is the CEO of HT automobiles and is Randhir's boss. Confidently, Randhir walked towards him and stood in front of his table.

'Yes, Mr. Shekawat.' -He began moving his hand from the keyboard and sitting straight in his chair, - 'I have a work for you.' - He paused for Randhir's reaction, Randhir nodded and then he continued, - 'We are a fast-growing company. After success here, we want to expand our boundaries and go international.' Another pause, James looked intently at Randhir, - 'There is a company our company is interested in investing. And we will be needing you to join us.'

Randhir is slightly confused, - 'Sir, Me?' He asked perplexed.

James nodded. 'Yes, you.' He placed his palm on the table and rose from his seat. Adjusting his mustard blazer, he walked up to Randhir.

'You are,' -He placed his palm on Randhir's shoulder, - 'One of the best Mechanical Engineers we have here. You will be with two other engineers headed by Mr. Keats. Mr. Harry and Miss. Abigail. Your work will be to make sure the company we are investing in is worth our time and money. Make sure, their machines and ideas are updated.' He completed explaining and stood in front of Randhir.

Randhir gave a confident nod, - 'Yes, sir!'

James smiled and patted his shoulder, - 'Good. Now, pack your bags. Next week you will be flying to India.'

Randhir froze, he felt the color drain from his face. India

James noticed the change in Randhir demeanor and questioned. 'Are you Okay?'

Randhir swallowed a tight lump in his throat and nodded. 'Yes.' He replied, his voice little shaky.

James shook his head and spoke as he walked towards his table. 'I thought you would be delighted knowing that you are going to India.' He sat in his chair.

'Yes- yes, James. Um, is that all? May I leave?' Randhir asked not meeting his boss's gaze. James observed him for a second before nodding. Randhir turned around and quickly left.

******************************

This isn't that bad. What are the chances he will meet her? Randhir thought to himself and relaxed. Soon, he got involved with his work. As he worked over the designs, he got a mail from his seniors. Randhir checked his mail. He moved his palm from over the computer mouse as he read the mail.

Agarwal Automobile

Kishore Agarwal CEO

Sanyukta Agarwal MD

Randhir is super shocked. Quickly, he closed the tab and stared at the screen. Out of so many companies all over India, his company had to choose her company. Randhir sighed leaning in his chair. He looked away. What is he to make of this? Is it Destiny? Randhir shifted in his seat. There is nothing called destiny, why is he even thinking about it.

After sitting in shock for a minute, Randhir considered walking into his boss's cabin and asking him to drop him out of the project. He rose from his seat, shook his head and sat down again. No, He is Randhir Singh Shekhawat and he never backs out. Randhir is determined to go to India with an open mind, he must keep his professional and personal life apart.

Randhir gulped water from the water bottle placed on his desk and exhaled deeply. He stared at the blank screen of his computer for a moment before getting back to work.

############################

Sanyukta worked in her cabin when someone knocked her door. She looked up and through the glass door, she saw her father standing on the other side. Sanyukta got up from her seat and opened the door.