Episode 32~ A little bit of Lie doesn't hurt

Hi, guys. Look who is here... Long time

Next morning, Randhir woke up with a hammering head ache. He groaned holding his forehead as he propped up on the elbow. Then, he felt a weight sit at his feet and sudden piercing harsh sunlight flash before his face. He winced squeezing his eyes shut.

'Randhir-Beta.' Called Renuka in a soft voice. Randhir blinked his eyes and his mother's concerned face came into focus.

Renuka extended her hand and placed it on his shoulder, she moved her head slightly to her right and spoke, - 'How are you feeling, beta?' - She forwarded a glass of lemon juice to her son, - 'Here have this, beta. You will feel better.' She spoke softly. Randhir nodded and took the glass from her. Renuka watched him carefully as she fidgeted with her nails. Her mind contemplating if she should tell him about last night. After drinking, Randhir felt slightly better. He looked at his mother and frowned.

'What-happened?' He asked, his voice sounded hoarse. Renuka shifted in place, her eyes unmoved. She forced a smile but Randhir kept looking at her.

'You remember about last night?' She asked with uncertainty. Randhir looked away and focused his gaze on the open window as he tried to recollect about last night. Everything was clear in his memory till the part when he had started to drink and passed out. Judging by his looks, Renuka knew he couldn't recollect. She cleared her throat to get his attention and when he looked at her she narrated to him everything that happened last night.

Randhir was stunned by Kishore's stubbornness for getting Sanyukta divorced.

'Randhir, beta. I know what you might be thinking. But you shouldn't blame him. Unfortunately, you haven't given him any reason to think otherwise. He is a father after all and has only best intention in mind for his daughter,' - Renuka paused as Randhir looked away from her and back at the window, - 'Beta, I suggest you do something. Try talking to Sanyukta, sort things with her. If she accepts you back, then her father will too.' She advised him. Randhir looked back at her before shifting and moving the blanket away. Renuka watched as he climbed down the bed and walked towards the wardrobe. Renuka looked away and sighed.

Randhir kept pondering over Renuka's words as he picked the clothes from the cupboard. The word Divorce was not getting down well with him. What if Mr. Agarwal convinces or blackmails Sanyukta to divorce him? Then, Randhir convinced himself that this will never happen as Sanyukta will never divorce him. If she were to divorce him, she would have done that a long time ago.

**************************

At the office, Sanyukta was having a hard time focusing on her work. She kept fidgeting through files both hard and soft copy, but nothing was getting into her head. All she could think of was Randhir's confessions. Last night, in his drunk state he had confessed of still loving her. She knew drunk people don't lie. Sanyukta was surprised thinking she was surprised by his confession. Didn't she know it already that he loves her, always? Yet getting a confirmation from him made her feel better; made her feel much more secure.