Episode 27~ A Father's Condition

Guys, i lost the first draft of the book *cries* I had written, in points, what to write next but it's lost. And in Hurry, I could manage this *cries some more* Sorry for Inconvience

*******************************

Next morning, Sanyukta woke up early as she had promised to take Parth for a morning walk. Even her father and Ankit weren't awake. She had expected Parth to be asleep too but when she came to his room, she was surprised to see him ready. His mother was awake too.

Parth's new wheelchair was automated, so Sanyukta's hands were free. Parth also felt less dependent. The park was within walking distance and the two friends made their way together, side by side. The main gate to the park opens as early as three in the morning and closes at 9 in the evening. There was a kid's play area as well but that was empty for now. The park was mostly occupied by elderly or by people in their thirties.

Sanyukta and Parth strolled silently on the pavement. Few people greeted Sanyukta. Since Kishore was a regular in this park, most of them knew him and his family.

Parth felt alive as he breathed in the fresh air and felt the open space. The less crowd, the chirpy of birds and the early Delhi morning. Sanyukta looked at him, he was smiling and looking around. A small smile appeared on her face as well. These few days, seeing Parth so miserable had only made her guiltier and upset. Now, seeing him smile and happy made her feel relieved.

**********************************

After strolling for some time, Sanyukta sat on the bench and Parth stopped beside her.

'So? Enjoyed?' Sanyukta asked, a hopeful look in her eyes. Parth doesn't look at her but nodded.

'Hmm.'

Sanyukta smiled and looked away, she clasped her palms and leaned forward, resting her elbows on her thighs.

A while later, Parth looked at her and frowned. She was looking seriously at the grass in front. He extended his hand and placed his palm on her shoulder. She was startled.

'What happened? Deep thought?' He raised his eyebrow. Sanyukta looked at him.

She recollected last time when she had informed him about Randhir's visit to their office, Parth had become over-excited. She didn't want to take that risk again. More importantly, she didn't want to spoil his mood by mentioning Randhir.

So, she simply sighed and leaned back, - 'Nothing,' - She clasped her knees tightly, and looked at him, - 'Just work.' She smiled a little. Parth kept eyeing her for a moment before looking away. Sanyukta was relieved that Parth believed her. She kept looking at him for a moment before leaning against the bench. Both friends enjoyed the calm of the open space.

**************************

Randhir was in his cabin. He was going through his father's medical file. The doctor has given them the first week of next month. He had filled all the formalities and paid the advance. Randhir was glad his father came to his senses and agreed to get treated.

Whatever is the outcome of it, at least there will be no regrets - Randhir kept assuring himself. After he had checked all the details, he opened the top drawer of his desk and placed the file neatly. Then, he searched through the files, papers and took out a small business card. He looked at it,

Dr. Kriti Suberwal,

Psychologist

Randhir didn't know if this was right, and about how he was going to convince Sanyukta but for now, he had only this idea to bring back the old Sanyukta.